Find employment from overseas?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any advice for finding employment in London, when one is not already located in the city? I'm in the USA and trying to move to England, and I don't even know where to begin. The amount of information available online is both overwhelming and mostly contradictory. Does anyone have any advice, websites, etc?

Thanks so much!

Hi Laura,
You need to find a company to sponsor you for a work visa - possibly a multinational with offices in both the UK and US might be your best bet. What kind of employment would a cultural anthropologist be qualified for?
Regards, Bob

Check out visa requirements first.  The government has really cut down on immigration from outside the EU, and the suggestions offered by Bob-666 are the only real ways to be able to come here to work. There are fewer employers offering sponsorship now  because of recent government initiatives. 
Good luck!

Laura, what kind of employment are you after ? How long are you hoping to stay for ? Do you have family here or ties to the UK that may make it easier in some way for you ? With the various Immigration rules where would you fall. I take it that your current employers or a company has not offered to be a sponsor for you. If you would like to divulge abit more information on your situation we may be better able to advise you.