Buying a business in the Philipines

Hi

I currently have a philpino national girlfriend in the Hong Kong who is currently working as a housemaid to help support the costs involved in looking after who ill mother. With this we find it hard to meet in person due to her work commitments.

We have been talking about buying a business together in her home province of Dumaguete to help support her and her mother and make it easier for me to visit.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions that may be able to help.

Kind Regards

sbleakley21

hi sbleakley21!

One of the good businesses in the philippines is computer shop/cafe or if you want something about food and beverage, Water station is the best.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Randy

Just want to know i what is her passion? she loves to cook? she loves i.t?

What is the trend product in Dumaguete?

It will depend first in if what is the thing she loves to do everyday..because passion is the best investment in business.

Buying a business a.k.a as Franchising a business right?

It is different in doing or building your own business..

Try a passive income business, like rentals, coin insert, contact me for more ideas, im rushing out of time in typing..

Cheers!

sbleakley21 wrote:

Hi

I currently have a philpino national girlfriend in the Hong Kong who is currently working as a housemaid to help support the costs involved in looking after who ill mother. With this we find it hard to meet in person due to her work commitments.

We have been talking about buying a business together in her home province of Dumaguete to help support her and her mother and make it easier for me to visit.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions that may be able to help.

Kind Regards

sbleakley21

Thanks Jantris

Myself I have been looking into franchising as I have business experience in restaurant in Australia.

My Girlfriends passion is the outdoors hiking etc, she works very hard as a housemaidbin Hong Kong.

Hi Randy

I think I would prefer food and beverage as I have experience here in Australia. Water station sounds interesting, Im not aware of that business concept I will research further.

If she is working as a house maid, you might as well just support her in an equivalent of her current salary or so and get her to her mother.
For sure more convenient for everyone involved and may be cheaper at the end of the day...
Cheers,
Philshag

I think your right Philshag

I have been crunching the numbers and I think you make a great point.

I think a known franchise business is better since the system is already in place.Its most likely plug and play

Be very careful...

The locals have a hard enough time opening a successful business... For a foreigner it's much more difficult...

I agree a franchise is always the best bet as they have a proven track record/system in place...

If you're going to get married, settle in the Phils and have an income so you don't need to work, I would just travel and enjoy the country...

If you want something to keep you busy and you enjoy running a restaurant... Give it a shot... but don't plan on earning a decent income (if any) and just do it to keep yourself busy... Don't invest any money that you can't afford to lose...

All the best!

J

Well Said Johnny, Just to keep one busy is a good discription of doing business in Phills, if u make a few pesos well and good.
business is so competitive here most business live from hand to mouth and or keep the family busy and feed
Pete

Hi there!Have you been to Dumaguete? I have been there and I love the place and the people there. On my second visit in Dumaguete I stayed there for a month because I did a research which and what business I can put up. Franchise business does not really work well there. Most of the successful F&B businesses there are local and international. I believe that there are a lot of rich people in that province. Dumaguete is a small city and they have 35 banks. lol

I wanted to put up a restaurant, and because there are a lot already and somehow it's difficult to compete with the existing ones and one thing more is am not from Dumaguete, so I end up putting up a Construction business, lol

The most feasible business in Dumaguete, for me is a school/preschool/SPED