Hello this is a general information post - about immigrant visa policy

Okay, this is not easy to explain, but I will try my best to go around this. I am Canadian and seeking to go Bulgaria, now I learned a few stuff today through the Bulgarian Embassy In Canada. Well the person refered me to the mfa.bg website for details etc, now there's only 3 types of visas.. well really "2", but short stay and long-stay, now for a canadian, you do not need the short stay, as it's already given, andthat goes for americans aswell. Now that woman that answers, not to mention she got irritated pretty quickly (because apparently, I'm the ignorant one) as for I keep trying to understand what can I do to get to bg and stay more than 3 months, marrying my fiance, etc. Now she says apply for visa d to all my questions.

Now what is Visa D... Visa D simply put - is your over 3 months stay visa - Working visa and Student Visa. There is no travel visa for BG, for xyz reason. Fine, ok, only way you can get a visa, is you prove your student enrollment / have a company that sponsors you - Understandable. Great, but what if I Want to apply after the 3 months, ok to apply 3 for anything after 3 months period, you must come back to canada, issue the visa... pay for it, and get informed after.

Is there a way around this - well depends what you want to do. Work be a student or work freelance but a company has to accept you, Ok fine - again great.. but what I'm trying to tell her is... IS THERE A WAY AROUND COMING BACK HERE! - answer is no.. I Said why.. how come no. In france ( i was there last year ) people can apply for residency, because in theory... yes we say whatever we want to say on websites... BUT IN PRACTICE, stuff are different.. I finally blew up on her, because then she says no its practice.. I said ok fine thank you bye.

She also says, you cant work there even within 3 months period
and you can't apply for resident permit until you have a visa D

...... WELL guess again - another blog what'S a blog.. it's far better then the embassy site. this is what it is, why ? because it's real F****** people that lived stuff. This is my take on all this, I'm furious....

http://www.expatforum.com/articles/visa … ation.html

this is the site... 
Scroll mid way (slightly above the mid point) Voila... CAN I GET FEEDBACKS HERE........ seems to me, you can work... within ur 3 months stay.. and apply for permanent residency, and further more... if you get married you can stay even more than 3 months(this is something I learned somewhere else) - as 3 months is your deadline for everything. ( I heard you can stay and do your papers there ) -She says no, you ahve to come back here - This is not true, - from what I understand - if i get married there, I Can remain there. NOW CAN I GET INFORMATION pls. Sorry for the caps.

If I rent an appartment - can this be counted for after an extention... etc, basically I'm saying is there a loop of basically something I Will already be doing - which ismoving there - working with a company - (if I cant get a work permit until then) and if i cant work with a company, work on my website - and freelance   ; get married with my fiance  -  find a job there through NEA (sofia) (National Employment Agency) something I can use for my benefit for remaining longer - We all know practice is not theory and in practice it's 10x easier.

Voila Hope I Was able to catch some attention, as this is very serious. Thank you for reading. Please post your visions , experiences, whatever you find out. Thank you.

Regards,

Germain

Hello Germain.

Thank you for these informations. :)

Aurélie

Ha, you have come to the right place. Your fiancee is, I believe, Bulgarian. My wife is Russian and I am British. I have almost the same rights as a Bulgarian as I come from the EU. So, come on a C Visa, get married within the 3 months, then go to immigration and apply for your residence card. They may kick up a fuss but the law is quite simple: Close family of EU citizens have the right under EU law to remain in Bulgaria. Go to a website called "Solvit" and look up the law. Your fiancee can complain to them that you are being unlawfully treated and they will contact the Bulgarian government on your behalf, should it be necessary. Solvit is printed in every language of the EU. We found that, once we challenged them, quoting from Solvit, they quickly gave my wife her card. Good Luck!!

Ivor

Can I marry you Ivor?

This probably was the most amazing thing I ever heard ..... So I can own that government :)  well well well... Ivor, is it possible to contact you, if yes let me know your skype pm, or phone number if you don't wish to share skype.

Would like to converse with you :)

Regards,
Germain

(2) No visa shall be required when a foreigner who is
a member of the family of a Bulgarian citizen holds a
residence card of a member of the family of a European
Union citizen issued in:
1. the Republic of Bulgaria if the grounds for its issuing
have nor become defunct;
2. another European Union Member State if he/she
accompanies or joins the Bulgarian citizen.

is this what you refer? bulgarian act.

skype name is Ivor Hall. You do NOT have to hold the card to remain, as long as you are married to an EU member, but you must apply for one. Immigration  may try to tell you this is wrong. NO, THEY ARE!! The truth is, they do not yet know the EU law, as they have had to comply with more laws each year. However, that period is over and they should now comply with ALL EU laws. I know this is true because we had exactly your problem. We married in Veliko Tarnovo whilst my wife was here on holiday, (Visa C), then applied at immigration. They said no, my wife would be deported. I quoted the EU law to them, gave them a copy that I had downloaded, and everything was perfect after that.

added you...

honestly its hard to undestand that.. us citizens are suppose to know what the embassy is suppose to know for us... and guide us.. yet they fuss, and lie, and act or if not act... believe they correct at all times... and they even get mad because you disagree with them... Not to mention consuls too... they are the first people (embassies and consulates) that should get the TRAINING NECESSARY FOR law, regulations... its pretty sad... by far... Bt...Ivor to the rescue!

Our First contact to our future decisions depends on them... and you have to depend on some unskilled .. tard(sorry for the hate, but it's true).

Ill give a full report after i converse with Ivor for all those that still need info about this.

I don'T know if you follow your inbox msgs, or not ,but I wanted to know when are you available, your time(in bg) as it is 7 hours difference, maybe some morning your time we can schedule this? I Do have several questions, and I need help fast, sorry for this rush.

Thank you, I can always call you if you wish at anytime during the day,please inform me in a private msg, thank you.

Germain

IvorjHall can we schedule atime for us to or if possible message me your number to reach you, and if possible to get a clear link on what you meant.. I spoke again to the embassy.. she quoted same words as before... I don't know, I do need your help to find more about this, and get guided abit more, please tell me your availability, thank you

I added you, but unsure if you received it, here add me -

UpYourDesign

Dear IvorjHall,

Thank you for your previous posts, you seem very well informed and I thought to ask you if you know the law in regards to my current situation which I'll briefly outline here.

I am an Australian citizen. I was in Bulgaria for approx 180 days (6 months) on a formally extended free-visa stay. During this time I met and married my husband, he is a Bulgarian citizen. Prior to our marriage earlier this month, we sought advice from the Migration Directorate on the procedure we should take so that I could remain in Bulgaria for additional 3-6 months. As advised by them, we left Bulgaria following our marriage to apply for visa C and visa D in Athens, Greece at the Bulgarian Embassy. We were told visa C could not be refused to me and would be issued almost immediately. Upon attempting to make my visa application at the embassy, it was refused by the consul. He stated that I don't have the right to apply for visa C because of the visa-free agreement between Bulgaria and Australia. He also refused my visa D application for reasons which we had never been informed of previously and which we still think are not entirely correct. I'm trying to keep this post succinct since the situation has become a little complicated, but I can provide further details if you need them.

Following the refusal at the embassy, we appealed to the Bulgarian Border Police to allow me into Bulgaria (to collect my belongings and move out of the apartment which I rent there). This has been granted for 1 week.

Meanwhile, we are reading up on the law regarding Foreigners in the Republic of Bulgaria and have contacted Solvit (still awaiting response) and trying to find information online. Because the actual law is difficult to ascertain at times and because we have been told many variations on the correct procedure we were to take, we are eagerly seeking clarification. 

I kindly ask you:

1. Do you know what my rights are when I return to Bulgaria (during the 1 week that has been granted by the border police)?

2. Do I have the right, as I have read, to remain in Bulgaria visa-free for up to 90 days as a non-EU family member to a Bulgarian citizen (regardless of the fact that I've already been there on a visa-free stay prior to my marriage)?

3. Should and/or do I need to apply for a residence permit?

4. Is there anything else that you can tell me in regards to the circumstances I've mentioned here?

If you need clarification on anything I've written please let me know. I very much hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely