Romanian friend borrowed money from me and didnt give back

Hello,

To cut long story short, the last year working in Scotland i met this Romanian guy. We became very good friends, i visited him in Romania, he got contact for 2012 season, we kept chatting on mess. He run out of money, asked my help, so being sure i'd meet him in May, 2 times i transffered money to his bank account (242 pounds). When come to Scotland with his 5 mates they had very little money, so 2 times i paid for his shopping, topped up his phone and the sum got up to 285 pounds. This 285 pounds he gave me back, however after 2 days his cousin was buying a car, so again i lent this money to him. So total he owed my 527 pounds, we had conflicts later and he gave back 100 pounds. I found out unexpectedly he was planning to go back to romania and I asked for my money.
In the end, he changed his ticket's date, and just escaped like criminal.
I called local police but they couldn't help me much, as he didnt steel, but fraud me.
I wonder, if in Romania is any instution where i could go with my case? I'm Lithuanian.

I know his details, however he never answers the phone, so seems here is no hope to get my money back :(

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your situation. If you had no kind of written agreement then I think it'd be very hard to get your money back through the courts, and probably not worth the risk (assuming all the costs you'd have to pay if you lost).

Best to chalk this up to experience and cut your losses while you can.

shit happened,but why are you calling him friend?
Go ahead with your life.
cheers

[Moderated: Inappropriate]

Learn one lesson, when money gets involved, the friend walks out. That is everywhere the same.

Unfortunately, according to the Law, unless u can provide written proof of transfer for the money to u're friend;s use/property....u have no case within the Romanian courts.

My wife is Romania and trust me she, she even recommends not to trust any ROMANIANS

You are not the only one my friend!I know a lot of people like you!Dont trust anyone,anyway dont open you,re wallet if you want to be sure that you/re money are safe!I am a romanian and i dont like when something like this hapened!!!Go on with you/re life and keep this like a lesson for the future!Good luck!

I'm sorry for ur loss. It's true u can kiss that money goodbye, but look at it this way, now u care less about one person u considered as a friend!

Money between friends is a standard issue, always has been, and always will be!
If he or she is a true friend, u lend what u r prepared to forget about.