Jeddah ppl :)

Hi everyone,

Since we are not listed as destination city in the site, I thought we might discuss anything here ( people from Jeddah)

we can do outdoors activities and social gathering.

so if you think this is a good idea please reply and lets see if there are a big number in Jeddah or not :D

hello -- my first post here...just joined the site and I will be a new addition, God willing, to Jeddah very soon.

How long after I get my residence docs from my employer can I bring my husband and daughter?

hi Nina, and welcome to Saudi Arabia :)

I hope that you will have a good time and enjoy everything in Jeddah..

well, from what I know you can come with your husband and daughter together if you do their papers at the same time ..

Thanks for the reply

I asked in another post about the time between my arrival in Jeddah and waiting to bring my family.

I hope its not too long -- I miss them already!

The Saudi,  the way I understand it (and I could be wrong, of course), is that the person who has the job--who is being sponsored--comes first. 

AFTER their probationary period (three months), they do the paperwork  to bring over family members.

ooo --- I hope its sooner!

Alliecat -- is it 3 months probation to leave the country for a weekend trip?

I will be in Jeddah soon and I am very interested in meeting all of you!

Count me in!!

Michael

Hi Michael,

Welcome aboard!!

Nina, the experts here are musicman and salman.  MisterStretch also knows a lot.  They don't seem to be around (?) so why don't you PM them with your question?

Nina, The Residence Permit (Iqama) could easily take from a week to a month sometimes. They will need to do medicals again in Kingdom and get photographs, forms filled etc etc.

Once issued you can request for a family visa based on your income, job description and also emoployers consent for which the employer will make an application to the authorities.

Could take anything between another month to three, easily.

Sometimes things do happe wuickly. But, only sometimes.

MM -- thank you for the useful information -- having it set out like that has been useful :)

hi to all the expats in jeddah. the saudi - its a gr8 idea to arrange some kind of activity for all expats.

hey guys
any plan for a get-together!

hi all I went with one of my friends who know Jeddah to a place called " Salman Bay" it was very beautiful at sunset and even more at sunrise. I don't know how to get there by my self, but really the place for people who like to hear nothing except the sea waves that place is the best choice.

that's what I think.

HI Mohamad try to get the location n how to get there and post it here. Could have an expat outing there

Hi Simitta

Count me in, it would be nice to get out of the working mode every now and again so yes... count me in

Kind regards

me too in in in