How about to get a job in france

Bonjour..

Hi all... it is always interesting to find a job in other countries.
Anyway, how about to get a job in france, is that difficult for foreigners? Or how about to open new business in france, such as if we want to open small restaurant? Or any kind of small bussiness there?

Thank you for the discussion and information.

Regards,
Chintya

Hi Chintya,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

For more visibility, i have moved your topic on the France forum.

You may want to check the "Life in France" guide.

All the best,
Christine

Hi,

You can try LinkedIn or applying directly on company websites. France reads your cover letter so you need to write a very good motivational letter and customize it to each company and position you are applying to.

Do you have status to work in france?
Are you looking for profesional jobs? if yes you can do as above if no you can search for babyspeaking on facebook and join that group they supply english teaching jobs for kids and also do babysitting.

Christine wrote:

Hi Chintya,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

For more visibility, i have moved your topic on the France forum.

You may want to check the "Life in France" guide.

All the best,
Christine

Voila! Merci Christine! :):D

Vivi_ wrote:

Hi,

You can try LinkedIn or applying directly on company websites. France reads your cover letter so you need to write a very good motivational letter and customize it to each company and position you are applying to.

Do you have status to work in france?
Are you looking for profesional jobs? if yes you can do as above if no you can search for babyspeaking on facebook and join that group they supply english teaching jobs for kids and also do babysitting.

Bonjour Vivi!!

Thank You so much for your respon and help

Yes, now i am still learning the french language before i go there.
yes, many friends of mine tell me about the "au pair"

maybe au pais is one of way while we wait the professional jobs there, isnt it?

how about you vivi? do you work there? at private company? or multi national company?

yap, i have also linkedin account.
about applying directly on company websites, i think it must be in france language,isnt it?

Vivi, thank you! :)

A bien tot!
Chintya

Hi

Yes i work here in an international company Air Liquide at the head office in Paris.

Au Pair can be a way but then you have to take care of the family duties first before anything else.
I would recomend coming as a student this way you are able to both study and work at the same time. Of course as a student you will not have a full time job, but you will have the right to work part time and there are lots of part time jobs for students.

Learning French is inportant unless you get lucky and you are full time in an international company like me where the business language is english. For everything else you need French, all administrative is in French and they will not bend even if they understand your english as they listen to english music and watch english films. French is very important at least reach B1 before arriving here after you will pick up the rest but it is important to kow the grammer and the tenses vocab will come in time.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]