Living in Malta and Working in France

Hi All,

Bit of a wierd one this one..

I could possible have an oppotunity of a job in Paris on a 6 month rolling contract which is paying a stupid amount of money :)

Initially I'll have to start a company in the UK but what happens when we move to Malta? and what about taxes?

Many thanks

i do beleive that it would be more beneficial to register the company in Malta due to the tax side of it, and also if your are paid in Euros..

I am sure that George has a guy that would be able to help more with this side of it

Julian.

Thanks Julian,

Was actually thinking of that but do I need to have my residency first?

Ken

Yes

It's the same in my case, I'm now living in Malta and start working for a few months per year abroad. It's ridiculous, after 3 months working abroad I earn the same money than working 12 months in Malta ...

And Malta has a very good tax scheme for that kind of work :)

You need to have a ID card number, a social security number or private insurance, a VAT number and a personal and business residence address in Malta.

Markus

Thanks Markus,

Thought you'd reply some how :)

So it looks like the best plan of action is to go PAYE in the UK then once we move to Malta setup a business.

Just made a quick calculation and it looks like I'll be earning in the region of 12300 euros per month so it's critical that I get it right first time or I'll be paying a lot of tax and I don't really want to do that.

Ken

I suggest speak to an accountant. I can recommend John Huber who I've used for 10 years now. For the sake of, lets say € 100, you could save thousands by getting it right.

Thanks George, sound advice..

Ken,

Look at Parasol in the UK as this is who I used when I was Contracting in the UK.

http://www.parasolgroup.co.uk/

Very good way of saving tax whilst you are still there.

Julian

I second John Huber too:)

Thanks guy's..