Taxis from Jakarta Airport

Hi,
This time (Nov '12) I thought of skipping 'Blue Bird' taxi queue (min 30mins) in Jakarta airport. I saw so many guys coimng up to me as I came out from arrival hall with 'Blue bird' ID cards. They all say they are from original 'Blue Bird' company. But these are all fakes.

After that I went to taxi the counters expecting a good ride to hotel. A girl dressed in uniform directed me to 'taxiku'. The dirvier honk and call the girl and gave a tip. Then I realized that this too is a fake 'taxiku'. Of course I was cursing my self for not having patients to wait 30 mins. This taxi over heated in Jkrt traffic & aircon stop working etc.

This means even uniform girls do a racket. Be careful everyone!!
Can anyone suggest easier way to take taxi from Jkrt airport plss.

always choose "blue bird" Taxi.
6000 irp for take on.
and then 400 irp per kilometers.

If you are not happy about the ride, BlueBird propose you to call a special number to complain, and drivers knows about it.

There are always cons at the airport with Taxis. I will take Blue Bird, Express, Gamya from there although I have taken Taki Ku no problem. The most important thing is that you get the card from the official at their stand.
If they are using meters then it should not be OK.

You can try http://www.jakartaairporttransfer.com/ who will arrange a car for you but it is pricier or ask about as there is always someone who knows someone who can organise a driver and car for you but the cost will be higher.

The last time I was at the airport I had a private car organised for me and it cost about 60,000k more than a taxi but that included the tolls and tip and we were going to South Jakarta which is around 100k before tolls for me. I did not mind the extra as it was a big car and very comfortable.

Some taxis are a problem here.
A nasty little thing happened to a lady last week when a Taxiku driver attacked her. Seems he'd been sacked from his last job as was taken on without proper checks. That firm have let me down on home orders on several occasions so I don't use them any more.
I've had no problems with Express taxis at all. Most of their drivers seem pretty reasonable and drive fairly well.
Blue bird have and deserve the best reputation.
I have has two BB drivers that took me 'the tourist route' but a complaint to the office marks their card. Too many marks and they can say, "Bye bye" to their job.
Yesterday, my wife left her handbag in a Blue bird. It came back unmolested.
I did change the house locks this morning, just in case. The keys were out of sight for several hours and the driver knew my address. Not saying he would but there's nothing like being sure.
The rusty taxis are a no no. I've used them from time to time but there are always problems. Not wanting to use the meter, starting down roads you know don't go to your destination and so on.
I've ditched from them on two occasions because it was clear the driver was going to a destination that wasn't of my choosing.
GPS on my phone is a wonderful thing when you're in a place you're unfamiliar with.
I won't be using a cheap taxi again. Just not worth it.

Thanks for your comments and opinions. I would be more patient certainly try them.