Pregnancy in Hurghada

I would like to know what best gyn to see in Hurghada for pregnancy? Also I would like to know the estimate medical cost for private health care as well as available midwifes

Midwives in Egypt? Only for the local people who can't afford to go to a doctor. I would suggest the Nile Hospital.

Thanks for your comment. Perhaps in Egypt it is considered a stigma to suggest a midwife, but as a nurse from the US , more and more people consider midwives along with the care of a GYN because they opt for the most natural experience in delivering a child opposed to doctors leaving many with the unnecessary option of having c-sections which in the long run increase the chances of having another c-section along with complications. However midwives in Egypt may not have high qualifications as a nurse or practitioners, I understand why it may be viewed necessary and much safer to seek a physician.

From the stories I heard doctors in Egypt like to do a c-section maybe because then they can schedule it? BTW: my children where born in Holland, two children with the help of a midwife, the other with the family doctor, all at home.

There was 1 midwife in Hurghada, but she go back to Austria. So now you have to do it with a gynaecologist, no choice.

I would be a bit weary of medical services in Egypt. I had a very bad experience in the American Hospital in Cairo, but it was 10 years ago.

The gyn told me I needed urgent surgery, and this would cost 10 k EGP. I found it very strange, that a doc would suggest that without a scan or further investigation .

When I went back to Italy, I was diagnosed with a common infection, treatable with standard antibiotics.

I mean...there are doctors willing to go into operating theatre while knowing the patient is not in need. Perhaps now things have improved, but I would certainly go abroad, if the problem is serious.

An alternative is finding a cheap flight to UAE, if you don't have a EU medical insurance.

also the egyptian hospital in kawthar