Arrived in Karachi - terrified

dear all,

good morning and happy new year! Salamu Alaikum to all :)

i recently arrived in Karachi and have been here for 3 days, the hotel (sheraton) is amazing and provides many amenities, however i am missing a touch of the outdoors, and that is because everyone has warned me to not venture out on to the streets alone for fear of being mugged by people on motorbikes or on foot.

anyone around sheraton to act as my guide, show me around etc? or someone to refute whether or not the city of karachi is as dangerous as my clients make it seem to be?

Happy New Year legacy! :)

Salam,

Unless you go out late in the evenings...or go wandering into dark alleys or you invite unwanted attention... ie. dressed in a Kandura and a Thob.....its very unlikely to get mugged in that area!

however you can call a cab(white cab, metro cab)from hotel and go to decent places not very far from you.

lease you can do is go to the PC Lawn right across the street for a sheesha in the evening!

i hope you can keep an open mind while leaving the stereo type + fear in your hotel room and enjoy your stay in our city and country, i say this cuz i see you come from Egypt yourself...life is not so different around here either.

Happy New Year...brother!

:cool:

cheers!
fahim

legacy wrote:

dear all,

good morning and happy new year! Salamu Alaikum to all :)

i recently arrived in Karachi and have been here for 3 days, the hotel (sheraton) is amazing and provides many amenities, however i am missing a touch of the outdoors, and that is because everyone has warned me to not venture out on to the streets alone for fear of being mugged by people on motorbikes or on foot.

anyone around sheraton to act as my guide, show me around etc? or someone to refute whether or not the city of karachi is as dangerous as my clients make it seem to be?

Life is becoming tougt in karachi, nothing but killing

you should have had come to islamabad :P

muhsinahmed wrote:

Life is becoming tougt in karachi, nothing but killing

Karachi is best city around the globe. About circumstances of Karachi do not worry. Every one have to take taste of death. Death will come on time neither a second before nor after. Always make your thoughts positive. Thank you.