Any Chiropractor looking to Expatriate?

There are a lot of western doctors and people from other fields here in Nepal that want to have some of the same services as back home. I have seen so many posts asking if there is a chiropractor here and there is never a good response.

Therefore, if there is a good, possibly retired, chiropractor that wants to escape the rat race and looking for a new home please check out the possibilities here in the Kathmandu Valley.

[Moderated: No free ads on the forum pls]

Hello,

I'm interested in learning more about the possibilities of working in Nepal as a chiropractor.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,

Tom Butterfield DC

Hi,

Where to begin? First, know that there are a lot of expats here from the west. Second, know that it's a lovely place to live. You hear about no electricity, but expats all have inverters that store the electricity. The police are very polite and respectful and the people are very gentle. They may cheat you out of money but not violent people, and it's usually minimal.

The government requires $20,000 be put in escrow for a business license. I would suggest reading On a Budget, which tells you just about anything you would need to know about life here and how to get by without wasting money. Then, join the google group, KTMKTM. There are a lot of people looking for a chiropractor so you already have about 20 friends. I miss my chiropractor from the US.

Schools are also big here. If you want to start a school for it, schools make a lot of money in Nepal. One massage school has accreditation in the west, which is really great for people wanting to save money and come to Nepal.

Check out my blog at http://FrugalTravelsNepal.Blogspot.com The book site is listed there. I really love living in Nepal. Let me know how I can help or encourage you to give Nepal a stay.

Amanda
[email protected]