Moving to Thailand

My name is Adam and I am 20 years old, I have been travelling ever since I was 18. Originally from Canada, I lived in Australia, Fiji, China, and Iraq. I'm back in Canada now and I cannot stand the cold weather :P. I really would love to move to Thailand for 6 months or longer and I need your help and knowledge! Money isn't the issue for me, however I am not materialistic. I do not enjoy the city as much as I enjoy the outback; I love the mountain terrain and the beautiful hill sides. I enjoy living modestly and rough. Therefore, I am looking for a place to live where I am closer to Thailand's beautiful nature rather than the city. To give you a standard; I don't mind living in a Cabin in the mountains.

If you need more information please let me know! I am very eager to leave my -24C Igloo as soon as possible :P  Thank you.

Hi Adam

A good place to start would be to check out current visa regs for Thailand. If you are able a double entry tourist visa would probably suit your needs.

Plenty of info on the subject here and other forums.

Get that started and then you can think about locations.  I'm sure there are hundreds throughtout the country that would fit the bill. For example Thailand has some great nationasl parks which often have cheap accomodation available.

Good luck.

welcome to thailand ( in advance ! ) :)
I'm a local, living in Bangkok.
If you wanna know something , please ask :)

Once you get off the plane, check some spots until you find your new home for a few months. And so on...don't thing too much just drop into a plane. Chiang Mai may be your city, give it a try

Go to Pai. It's awesome. Nuff said!

ciao a tutti,
mi chiamo edo e a marzo parto per 20gg in thailandia...se volete unirvi la partenza è fissata x il 15\03 da milano mxp...
da luglio mi ci trasferirò...
ciao a tutti.

Hi edoedoty!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks
Armand

Hi Adam,
Good for u that money is not issue for u. My boyfriend and I live in Iran and do not have enough money to live in Thailand. We are searching for a well-paid job via Internet in order to be able to earn living, but we have not found any job yet.

I hope we can be good friends.

Dear Joycha,
Thanks for your help.
I need to work as an English teacher. I have an MA in English Language and literature, but because I am non-native English speaker, the number of jobs are less than native speakers.