Going to Medellin

Within a month or so...I will be going to Medellin to gather as much info as I can in order to move there...My wife and son are both citizens, so I will not have a problem with working or residency...And, of course, we speak spanish, some better than others...

I would like some help regarding Medellin...I need a decent Hotel in which to stay for about a week while I am conducting my research...And, some possible business contacts...I have a Construction Concierge company that assist Gringos in building and maintaining their homes and businesses...I also plan to start an American style BBQ business...

My wife teaches at an upscale Pre-school in the States (She is the Spanish teacher here and would like to be the English teacher there)and would like to do the same in Medellin...My son will need to attend an english speaking middle school that is US certified...

So, any help would be appreciated..

Look forward to corresponding with expats in Medellin...

Thanks,

John

Theres many english speaking schools here, I think Colombo-Americano is one of them. Your wife could apply at that same school, theres some institutions in here that hire foreigns, and the hotel, well, Dan Carlton is a good one, It is located in Poblado and is very central and affordable, like 150 per night I dont know exactlly. If theres anything ealse you need, just write!.

Hi, Majorwoody
I'm going to Medellin in September and October on a discovery journey as well.  My situation is quite different than yours.  I'm looking for a lower cost of living and a healthy lifestyle for retirement.
Here is a website I was given and have found several affordable options for short term rental

https://www.airbnb.com/

Good luck and would love to know your outcome.
Patti