Health insurance (sumitran plz help)

hi,
i have got a job offer in muscat and my parents are not covered under medical insurance.

cud u plz let me know how much does a comprehensive insurance cover  (valid for oman only)cost for parents aged 65 and 56. i may add that in india they are covered and we have not claimed anything for the last 2 years (policy was bought 2 years back).

thanks in advance to everybody who care to reply.

Hi Ajitav,

I made some enquirers about your query locally, since I am not familiar with the subject.

What I hear is that most insurance companies focus their attention only on getting corporate clients and are averse to offering their services to individual customers.

Obviously because the returns they get out of their corporate clients are better compared to what they can make from individuals.

I was also told that in some rare cases individuals do take medical insurance, but at exorbitant premiums.

This information is for your immediate requirement only. In the days to come, I'll try and get more information about comprehensive insurance for individuals.

Good luck !

I would like to add a note here.

Getting an individual insuance cover is not recommended due to a high premium annualy, however there are hospitals in Muscat which offers a yearly plan of medical to individuals with nice offers. You may get a plan accordingly (But it is recommended for those who r in need of regular clinical checkups etc).

Thank Sumitran & Schaz. Wishing you a very happy & prosperous new year.

rgds,
ajitav

Hi Sumitran,

My husband is CA with 7 yrs of experience in india.
he has got offer for 950 OMR  with stay, car with petrol, Medical in RUWI.
the stay will be in 2BHK in Ruwi.
what is the total expense if me & my son(5 years) joins my husband in RUWI

Hi sheenashah,

The offer is average. Well, if accommodation is provided for by your husband's employer then you can save well. Initially, the home set up cost would be a one-time cost. Once that is done, then you can save regularly every month.

There are ample posts in the forum where you can find all the details you are looking for. Please read them there for your own information, prior to relocating.