Looking for ESL referrals or contacts, please help!

Seasons Greetings everyone!

I am currently living in South Korea, but am working on making arrangements for next year, hopefully in the Middle East! I'm keeping my options open at the moment, but primarily searching in Oman, Qatar, UAE and Saudi. I am going through the standard route of applying with tons of recruitment agencies, but I was hoping for something more personal. I have always found better success when being referred to a specific agency, or contact whom people may have had previous success with, or know are looking for incoming teachers. If any of you have any advice, or contacts you may be able to send my way I would be very appreciative!

Kind Regards,
Bart Stoddard

hi! i'm tessie, a teacher assistant and now has this post as break and lunchtime monitor.  why don't you try to send resume to our school SHERBORNE QATAR.  search for this and post your resume to them.. who knows you will be accepted.  It's a british curriculum and a sister company of SHERBORNE UK. GOODLUCK!

MY GOODNESS.  I WAS WRONG IN SENDING MY REPLY TO YOU.  ANYWAY,  SEND YOU RESUME TO SHERBORNE QATAR.  SEARCH FOR THIS NAME AND WHO KNOWS YOU ARELUCKY ENOUGH TO BE ACCEPTED.  IT'S A BRITISH CURRICULUM AND SISTER SCHOOL N SHERBORNE UK.  GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Hi tessiega!

Thanks for helping.
Could you please avoid posting in caps lock though?

Thanks
Armand

Hi Tessiega,
  Thank you for your reply, I'll go ahead and send my information to the school and hope for the best. I would love to find a place in Qatar!
Bart

If you are British trained or have British experience - schools in Doha and AL Khor (just a bit North) advertise on the TES website   tes.co.uk  there is a section for international jobs which should be coming through in the next couple of weeks or so.  Wages will vary widely and so will packages some pay as low as Qr9000 and others pay QR17,980 with large accomodation and annual flights to home country - if you are single I have heard 2 of the gas companies (1 in the south and 1 in the west) pay even more - smaller apartment living closer to the refinery but bigger wage - check it all out and weigh it up.
Some of the larger schools will be looking for several teachers - do your homework - mine is in the North and we have a pretty good package - but must have the British school experience from what I heard last recruiting season

Good Luck

Hi KiwiRee,
   Thank you for your response, I will do my research into the schools and agencies. I do however, have no British training or experience unfortunately.

Thanks again though!

Just read your profile - there are #American schools - funny enough one is ... the American school of Doha - not sure of the others -worth a google