Reasonable School Suggestion

Hi,
By searching and reading all reviews so far, I've found Tenby & ELC international schools as affordable, good enough, acceptable facilities and satisfying options.The question is: Are there any other options with the same cost range and quality?
The problem is my office would be in twin towers and I came to conclusion that I have to settle down somewhere near like Ampang because of KL traffic and lack of public transport in some places like mont kiara. So ELC and Tenby are far away to my home.
I've read horrible reviews for sayful and fairview, by the way.
I'm now very eager to a nice suggestion as I'm getting kind of nervous about it.

Any suggestions? Are there any new ones nearby?

:up:

hi,

if you prefer a british private school, beaconhouse is affordable and they have good teachers but location is in Petaling Jaya which may not be convenient for you.

Jamietutor wrote:

hi,

if you prefer a british private school, beaconhouse is affordable and they have good teachers but location is in Petaling Jaya which may not be convenient for you.

Hi Jamie, can share your experience in Beaconhouse Sri Inai?

Fairview and Sri Utama schools are not  far from villa Wangsamas .prices ok.

Fairview, Tenby and and ELC are all in the same league - 4th tier international schools. Mostly underpaid and unqualified local teachers struggle to deliver an "international syllabus". Few expats work at these schools and these are older/less employable/cheaper types - and a few first timers on the international circuit. These schools focus on marketing as privately owned. The facilities look nice as unused/unusable. Most lessons are ineffective and school would not meet UK state school standards. Teachers are overworked and bullied. Parents need to pay for tutors to teach their children to actually pass exams/do coursework.

The many others are sub tier 4 as in not even considered international schools by educators. Malaysian schools are way too expensive for what they are.

With the cost of tutors and all the extras charged by these "schools" they are at more expensive than you think. You are best to pay more and go for proper schools that will educate your children not babysit them. Otherwise send your children to day tutor centres. They are far better! Smaller classes and actually will learn something! Send them to sports and other activity clubs in the evening.

i've heard good things about Fairview. you may want to explore it further. Location seems convenient for you.

Hi Nemodot.. Thank you for the info.. Where do we find out which tier an international school falls under? Is there a website ? Thank you

Nur Intan - there is no tier system - it was just a remark made. But more expensive teachers mean higher fees.

Ah..  I see. I'm considering to enrol my kids in beaconhouse sri inai. Can't find many reviews on the school unlike the other intl schools in KL. Do you have any info?