Abu Dhabi Salary Offer

Hello All,

I was just offered a position as an Executive Assistant for a fairly high profile person in Abu Dhabi, and the offer was much less than I had expected. Am I being unreasonable? Is there anything I should now about negotiating in UAE?

Offer is as follows:

Basic Salary: AED 15,000
Housing Allowance: AED 7,500
Transportation Allowance: AED 2,500

Medical Insurance, a 20ft container and shipping costs for move, and a yearly plane ticket home are also included. I would like to negotiate a relocation allowance instead of the container and shipping, and I would like a higher salary, housing allowance, and transportation allowance. I am a single woman and would like to live downtown.

Is this offer reasonable or would I be getting taken advantage of? Also, I have not been to UAE before, should I ask for a trip to meet the team and see the city before I make a decision, or would that be highly unusual?

Any info is helpful, thanks!

Hello Lotti220.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi dear, I don't know why u r not happy with it, it's almost 7000 USD, and unless u wanna be living  a 10 stars life style , it ll be enough, for the housing, u can get a nice 2bedroom apartment in a good area, u can google al reem island, that ll give u an idea, and it depends, if u r a money spender then yh it might not be enough, but I have so many American friends and they get less than that, and they r so happy.

Thats quite a high salary for an Executive Assistant here.  But you do say its for a high profile person.

It's always worth asking for more than they offer.  Just dont price yourself out of the deal.  Maybe another 20% maximum.  If they come back with 10-15%, take it.

Taking the first offer makes people sound desperate.

Saying that.  A one bed apartment downtown goes from between 4 thousand a month to over 10 thousand a month.  Depends on what neighbours you want and what view you want out of your windows.

15k salary will allow you to live quite comfortably and still save about 5k a month.

the transport allowance should get you a brand new car (using the allowance as an installment).  You may go as high as US$40k as a car loan.  However, I would advise leasing until you get your feet.

It IS highly unusual for someone to ask to "see the place" before they commit.  In fact, your employer might get offended if you suggest it.

Im a british expat and I can assure you that you will not regret coming here.  Its an advanced society, anything you could ever want is available, the nightlife is amazing, as a female you will feel safe.

If youre a pretty woman, guys will try and pick you up.  That happens everywhere, however, they will not cross any lines.  They just try and get your number.  No one would dare to as much lay a finger on you.  Laws against that are strict.

Maybe some women here can confirm what i said.

ok.... hope that helps.... my fingers hurt  :lol:

hmm well it really depends on your experience and current offers u have...

personally i think it would be enough but do not expect to save alot especially if you lived downtown

that is just from my own experience
and i think gaisi figures r about right

My name is sheff> i am from Nigeria. i got an offer in Abu Dhabi for a security service for 2000dhs per months, with accommodation, free transportation for 2yrs.

i just want to know if i can aknowlegde the offer. i awaits your quick response and it will be highly appreciated

sheffricco wrote:

My name is sheff> i am from Nigeria. i got an offer in Abu Dhabi for a security service for 2000dhs per months, with accommodation, free transportation for 2yrs.

i just want to know if i can aknowlegde the offer. i awaits your quick response and it will be highly appreciated

I assume with accommodation you get meals as well. If you have a uniform, they will also pay to have it laundered.
I think transport is only to work and back.

However, with that salary, you will not save anything and you will have a limited social life. If you want to save, be prepared for zero social life apart from friends at your accommodation.

Thank you very much. i will be the one to feed myself. and i will have to work for 6days with one day off. sir. the kind of job is a contract for two yrs. i have to work for the company for 2yrs. Hope i can get a better paid job after that. because i am a graduate of Linguistis from a Nigeria University.

kind Regards sir

i got a offer letter from Pinnacle Middle East for client – NPCC, Abu Dhabi he offer me 14653 AED and said me your Education document (scanned + original by courier) Please tell me original document required for work permit in Abu Dhabi?

I have been offered the following package for a Pinnacle Middle East for client – NPCC, company based in Abu Dhabi.

Total package is for 14653AED per month. ( This includes housing, utilities & car allowance)

I am married and have one kids 1 and needed some advise if this was a good package to consider for Abu Dhabi. I have over 10 years of experience in CGC.

rohilla_10 - the salary is not too bad for an Indian, you can manage with your family for a normal life, not high fly style.

Hi mjrv

Thanks, He said me your Education document original by courier, please you tell me original document requiered for work permit?

It actually depends on your education degree and how many years you have work experience Lotti220. I think if you are still single, then probably it is enough. You can save also, however, spending much money can crash you and get you desperate.

Hi
I m new here.

What would be salary in AD so that I can save 6k AED per month?

I am not aware of cost of leaving in AD.

I have normal life style.

all depends on what lifestyle u want to lead? I know people who get by on sharing accommodation, little entertainment and all home cooking and spend 2000 dhs a month. At the other extreme you can live the high life and spend 40,000+ a month. U need to be a little more specific.

Well i think its just really depends on the lifestyle that you have. Its just a matter of managing your finances :) having a 6k salary here is not bad at all. You can have a nice accomodation with that and live an average life here. Of course, there's a difference if you have your own family to support but nevertheless, its still your budgeting tactics that will matter :)

Regards,
Yneng

Thanks for your reply. I have very normal lifestyle. I do not smoke nor drink or go to night club. The only things apart from daily needs I will needing is a decent internet connection for browsing and movie downloading.

So, my question is what should be the salary so that I can save 6k per month.

Ok. Look.
1 room in a shared apartment (in city) 2000
1 bed apartment 3000 min 10000 max
Transport by bus 2dhs per trip
transport by taxi average 15dhs per trip.
internet 200-400 depending on speed
then u have water and electricity
meals

All the above is per month unless specified. So to save 6000 a month you will need a bare minimum of about 10000 as a salary. However, you wont be able to do anything but work and sleep. Alot depends on what ur company offer as benefits eg. Transport

Thanks for the reply