Partner secured a job with an accredited employer..my chances ?

Hi,

My wife has secured a job with an Accredited Employer after attending interviews from India. So we understand that she will be given a Work to residence Visa with a validity of > 1 year and as a result of it, I will get a open work permit with which I can work under any employer. So only thing left for me is to get a job. I have 6 years of exp in IT field and have been with the best MNC's here in India. Can i quit my job in India and search for a job after reaching wellington (is it worth taking the risk)? What are my chances of getting a job in welly and what are the pays that i can expect? I have been working mostly with Java and have experience in .NET too.

Thanks in advance.

Hello sagopal.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be advised by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

We would be applying under Family Stream (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ … stream.htm) - see category 'Your partner holds a New Zealand work visa'. I think it is only required that the visa work permit duration is more than 6 months. I do not think that it means, I will have to wait till my wife completes 6 months in NZ with the work visa.

Please clarify.

Ok Thx. BTW, before my partner actually secured the job, I submitted an EOI with 145 points adding my wife as a dependent. Should i withdraw it (or) just leave it ?

I am Nigerian professional (Project Management + Engineering exprience)planning to relocate NZ with my family.

I wish to get connected to anybody that could be of great help