Salary Package DUBAI - pls. advise

Dear members,

i am a german working as a supply chain analyst for a 50k+ company.

Recently I have been offered to locate to Dubai for at least 3 years. The position is similar as the one in Germany - but the business in the middle east is a fast growing one (so tough environment).

Today i received the offer - as following

Base salary: 11.030 AED
Housing: 3.500 AED
Transportation: 960 AED

So in total the package is 15.490 AED/month

I need your advise/suggestions - how is the package? What can i affort with it and is it woth to relocate?
I have a secure, good quality living in Germany - and i can save some money every month.

Thank you soooo much for your support!

Best regards,
Michael

Housing: One bed room apartment in a nice area = 4000 - 5000 AED/Month
Transportation: average size car = 1500- 2500 AED/ Month (including the loan + fuel). punlic transport is another good option (10-20 AED/day)
Average living cost/ person (it varies as per your life style)= 2000-3000AED/month.
It's very clean nice city..
now you can decide..

HI Michael,

It really depend on you situation & life style
how many years experience do you have, are you single or not??

this can change everything,

For a European level, this salary is low, but this is what the market takes these days in Dubai.  You can manage as a single person, not much savings though.

Thanks MJRV

what then the right level for a european single??
do you have a avrage of min/max salary

That is a terrible salary for a european supply chain analyst.  It should be at least 75%-100% more. 

You will save nothing.

Hi Amarka,

Unfortunately the Middle East countries do not have any norm for minimum or maximum salary levels, except perhaps in Government jobs where they may have scales for grades.  Private companies can pay anything they like and get away with it.  You may assume at least 5K for rent, about 3-4K for food and refreshment, 1K for transport (car), another 1 or 2K for other expenses.  This is for a single person.

make that 3K per month, if transporting by Taxi.

mjrv wrote:

Hi Amarka,

Unfortunately the Middle East countries do not have any norm for minimum or maximum salary levels, except perhaps in Government jobs where they may have scales for grades.  Private companies can pay anything they like and get away with it.  You may assume at least 5K for rent, about 3-4K for food and refreshment, 1K for transport (car), another 1 or 2K for other expenses.  This is for a single person.

I honestly think you will not be able to save any money with that package. Dubai is an expensive city.

Best

Swannies

I think this is not good salary, you will not be able to save money man, the city is tempting you to spend more and more money.

good luck

Its very law salary atleast you should get a pay of AED 25k as salary then it might be avg package.When we compare expence for Dubai life.