Regarding New job in Suzhou

Hi,
I am from India & got a job in Suzhou & will join soon. I am offered $1000 pm. Is it enough to live in Suzhou to survive? I am offered free accommodation & transportation. But no food from company that is self expense.
Also I want to ask few personal things that I can't ask in general because of family restrictions. If any one can help me here then please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Hello 143hellow.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be advised soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,
Thanks for reply Aurélie. You can call me Rk. Yes I hope I will get answer soon. Because I need to move there asap by company. So Please let me have some guidance before that.
Thanks in advance.

Hi RK
1000 usd can do a standard living , if companies will pay you home. What will you do here ? When are you coming ?
btw, which part of india are you from ? cheers!
L

Welcome to China RK.

I am a TEFL/ESL Teacher in Suzhou for the past 5 months and love living here. $1000 is a reasonably fair enough salary per month. You can live comfortably on that once you are not eating and drink regularly in Expat Bars & Restaurants.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

(moderated: off topic)

It depends on what kind of life you want. And what's your further plan. I mean how long you wanna be here and whether you need support your family. Frankly, $1000 PM only means you will not be hungruy here.