Leaving - and re-entering on visitor's visa

Hi there,

Does anyone know what happens when you depart, temporarily, on a visitor's visa? Do you have to have any particular documents with you? We are planning to leave and re-enter after a couple of days so that my family members can obtain another 3 months. I'm just wondering whether the immigration staff at the airport will ask for anything other than our passports. We got a 3-month visa on arrival and then a one-month extension internally without leaving. The latter is about to expire. So, does anyone have any recent experience with this area that they can share?

And upon re-entering, is it easy to do the visa yourself or would you recommend paying for the Hala service to assist? When we entered in Sept, the Hala service was arranged for us but we are considering doing it ourselves this time. The stamp machines look a bit third-worldy and the whole process looked a but confusing - is it confusing or pretty straightforward?

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

I'd have to the hala service as you have experienced goes so much smoother than going thrust he cattle market yourself.
I have a co worker who comes in on his Brit passport from Oman  every 3 weeks with no problems, he always uses hala. 9 kd well spent

Dam ipad spelling corrections.......

Thanks for that.

Actually, my employer told me it was 12KD per person so its good to hear that its 9KD per person. 

Does he book the Hala service on their website before he leaves?

Yep, but u can cal them also, they like to ave the cash up front

Hi Kiwi,

I know someone who have been doing this for many years w/o help. it is a straight forward simple procedure: fill a form, attach 3 KD stamp, and wait for few minutes, no more. On your way out, you need your current visa and your passport.

My exprience (reletively old now) if u dont speak arabic , use Hala service - thats first .
Second , whenever u leave country on temporary visa u will need a new on eon next arrival/visist (If u dont have a multiply entry visit visa)
Hope it helped

Thanks for all those comments and pieces of advice. I have a new question (see thread "Entering Iraq or Saudi from Kuwait") so if you have any ideas about that please let me know.