Seefa Mall

I am flying in to meet a real estate agent to help me with my move to Bahrain.  I have food allergies and Celiac so I must cook my own meals.  Is there a grocery store in or near Seefa Mall, I am aware of Organic Cafe, I shopped in the Dubai store before.  I am looking for a large fresh produce market and was wondering if anyone is aware of a market any where on the island that sells pork?

The best place for fresh meat, fish and veg without a doubt is Gheant which is in the Bahrain Mall just across from Seef Mall.

Do NOT buy any fresh food from Carrefour in city mall, it is disgusting and will only have one guarantee - it will be off!!

Alosra on the roundabout of Sar Avenue also sells lovely salads and fruit already made for you.

You will find organic foods virtually everywhere here (I have IBS) so you will be fine :-)

we used to buy our groceries from malls and bigger outlets.
recently i begun buying -happily- directly from farmers outlets/stalls, many of which you will find within Janabiya area, this way you get the best of the two worlds: the freshest produce and cheaper rates too.

during summer we do some own farming in our house (tomatoes, cucumber, okra ...) if you have a house with a bigger garden than could be a nice time activity too.
you will love Janabiya area, we live in it too for the past few years, looking forward to see you once here.
Tariq,

Thank so much for the info.  I did shop a few times at Carrefour in Dubai and the vegetables spoiled really fast.  I juice vegetables and to taste good it must be fresh.  I could not find fresh produce in the City of Dubai though I could find pork at Spinnys.    I am glad to know that there are farmers markets,  I am 50 years old and juicing works betters for me  than taking vitamins.  It's a great to know that I will have a local online community to chat with.

I find the best pork is at waitrose. Alosra sausages taste like washing up liquid and Al Jazeera I find tends to be dirty.

Last time I went there were broken eggs all over the floor that nobody had bothered to clean up, flies everywhere and the fruit and veg was awful.

Best fruit and veg is either Gheant, Alosra or local market trader

You will love Bahrain and your diet will be just fine. Just give us a nudge with anymore questions and we will be happy to help

Jo