Quering living cost - Jubail

Hello,
I'm on verge of accepting / negotiating a job offer with a company in Jubail. Your answers to following questions shall really come handy to decide quick & fast.

1.) How is the overall environment out there in Jubail, in terms of shifting with family (Me, Spouse, 1mnth old boy)
2.) How expensive is accommodation (1 or 2 bedroom apartment) in case company is not offering as part of package. Can somebody suggest possible good location / area for accommodation.
3.) What are various options for travel (home to office to other places). If I decide to go for buying car, how easy or difficult would be this option.
4.) I'm a MBA with 9yrs experience in Business Strategy & Development; how much should be the compensation I should be demanding. I would also appreciate if anyone can help me understanding different components of compensation package to be demanded.

Look forward to open responses

thx,
JAAT

Hello JAAT.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to read the other threads on Cost of living in Jubail.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Your queries have been answered upmteen number of times, just take out some time and go through various threads on the forum. However, if you have any specific queries which are not being answered here, do shoot them !!

Good Luck !:)

1) restrictive with use of abaya minimum must for ladies whenever they go outside in a public place ( market,mall, school, street etc). Crime wise it is very safe if you do not go to unkown dark areas in night.

2) in Jubail town SR 15K TO 18 annual minimum, it can be  SR 35K to 75k annual in an Asian families compound depending upon the compound you choose to live. European compounds cost much more.

Suggested areas are Asian families compounds in Jubail.

3) private pool bus ( cost SR 15O to 200 per month) or private car. If you are with family purchasing a car is a must as there is no public transport here. Car buying is very easy. U can do it in one day after you visa/iqama is prepared.. old cars (< 5 yrs cost SR 20K to 50k), new cars SR 65K onwards if you plan to take a sedan type. Rent a car cost SR 2K to 3k per month as per car model.

4) You are an MBA - in Business Strategy & Development. You know ur market value? Every thing here is driven by basic pay. All other components linked to basic pay.

As a thumb rule if u r getting X lacs per annum in India in a private MNC, you should get minimum 4x (euivalaent in INR).

Check prospective company profile very carefully. It is the most important SWOT analysis u have to do.

Best Wishes,
Vivek