Fees for visas, temporary residence cards to increase from 2013

Not sure this has been mentioned earlier here, so I post it just in case.

VGP – Fees for issuing single-entry visas for foreigners and Vietnamese residing abroad will be increased to US$45 from the current US$25, according to the Ministry of Finance's new Circular 190/2012/TT-BTC.

Multiple-entry visas will be divided into three categories. Fee for visas valid for less than a month, less than six months, and more than six months will be US$65, US$95, and US$135, respectively.

For transfer of validity of visas or temporary residence from expired to new passports, the fee will be US$15 instead of the current US$10.

Fees for granting temporary residence cards will also increase by US$20. Cards valid for up to one year, over one year to two years, and over two years and three years will be US$80, US$100, and US$120, respectively.

The Circular will take effect since January 1, 2013./.

http://luatkhaiphong.com/Van-ban-Tieng- … -7119.html

In case you guys don't know: If you need to do an extension of visa, they will extend you from the date of your expiration date (at least, that is what I have seen).

In principle (also as seen in practice), if your visa is expiring in January or even February, you should not have to wait until close to expiration date, thus pay a higher fee after Jan 1 2013. You can go now and ask for extension now, thus not having to pay higher fee.

Again, it is unusual, but there is no regulations against that.

Note: Because of the randomness of practice, I don't guarantee that the case officer accepts it.

Anatta,

So, you are back in Vietnam, hey?  Where is my present???

Anyhow, those are some pretty hefty increases.  It's a good thing that I just got my 5-year VEC done.  I am going to pick it up later on today.  It cost me $100 USDs.  Guys, if you qualify, I highly suggest that you get that out of the way now.

As for you Amigo, I advise you to go get your pay now.  Otherwise, you will not be able to stay there...

Your present is a 30-day free stay at the reeducation camp, courtesy of the free people of Vietnam for going abroad, comrade!!

Wild_1 said:  It's a good thing that I just got my 5-year VEC done.  I am going to pick it up later on today.  It cost me $100 USDs.  Guys, if you qualify, I highly suggest that you get that out of the way now.

Howie I've been telling you that for over 2 years. It's just now sinking in? VEC's are the best thing since cold beer.

Alright, alright Number One!  Just get me a ticket to that far away Phu Quoc island and I will reform myself, OK?

Budman,

How have you been, amigo? 

I actually didn't need it.  Plus, I still have close to a year left on my old one.  I went to get this new one just to see if my travel agent is still at the top of her game, and a few other things...  But, this woman is GOOD; she still has it! 

Anatta's fee increase info is icing on the cake.  That guy, I tell you, is finally good for something.

Budman1 wrote:

Howie I've been telling you that for over 2 years. It's just now sinking in?

Now, now, Budman.
Let's show compassion for our, how should I put it, intelligence-challenged buddy.

Howie,
Budman, mean man. No talk Budman. ok? ;)

Wild_1 wrote:

I went to get this new one just to see if my travel agent is still at the top of her game, and a few other things...  But, this woman is GOOD; she still has it!

BTW, how many times I have told you this is a family-oriented forum. This morning you mentioned not bringing your "raincoat" from the US, now this. I should ask Julian to ban you forever!!!.

Anatta,

I finally think good of you, and look how you turned out???  Just wait there, amigo!  Another three weeks and...  POW!!!

Hi
Thanks for the info.

Wild_1 wrote:

Anatta,

I finally think good of you, and look how you turned out???  Just wait there, amigo!  Another three weeks and...  POW!!!

What has the world become to?? Help the infirm, and you get enemies!!! I asked Budman to be nice to you, and you to behave properly to all the distinguished members of this forum, and see what I get!!

Besides, how do you know for sure that you get to enter country? I would be so optimistic.:rolleyes:

Tollboothgod Alert Tollboothgod Alert!!!!!!

What is a VEC and is it tied to a work permit or a marriage certificate?

Budman1 wrote:

Tollboothgod Alert Tollboothgod Alert!!!!!!

Wild
See who is your real enemy now? First, he called you names, now he alerts the Tollbooth Gods. See how you get into the country now that he has awoken them, Mr. Bond.

Sploke77  Type "vietnam exception certificate" into Google and you'll get all the information. There are a few threads on this blog about it also.

Hi gang,

Shouldn't that be Visa Exception Certificate, Budman? 

As for the Tollbooth Gods, don't get your hope up, Anatta!  I will swim in, if I have to.  Can't let you runamuck over there.

Glad I just got my 3 year residence card renewed a few months ago.

Howie, when are you going back to VN, or are you already back?

Saigonmokey,

I'll be back there mid-January.  Aren't you States-side now?  Wanna swim back there with me?  That Anatta fool is turning into a monster over there.

^Hey man, I'll be swimming back a few weeks before you. I'll see you when you get there.

Saigonmonkey,

Oh, yeah!  Hey, you should go to Can Tho for Tet.  Just leave Saigon to Anatta, let him go crazy for all that he wants...  :dumbom:

Ooohhh...  I just got an emoticon on there, using my phone  :lol:

Julien!!!  Can I get some more emoticons, please???

Howie if you look at the new one you just got it says "Certificate of Visa Exemption". Typing that into Google won't give you the same information as "Vietnam Exemption Certificate".

Rick

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5616962048/hD7ECDDED/

http://evilfail.com/wp-content/uploads/Adult-Swim.gif

Really don't think you'll get far with them :rolleyes:.

Oh yeah, Exemption...  Hey, mine doesn't even expire, men?  :D

Very funny, Anatta!!!  :dumbom:

Wild_1 wrote:

Oh yeah, Exemption...  Hey, mine doesn't even expire, men?  :D

The new certificate you have doesn't on an expiration date on it?

Budman1 wrote:

The new certificate you have doesn't on an expiration date on it?

He is doomed for life! RIP!

I really think he needs to take another look at it. That happy tobacco stuff he's smoking has blurred his vision. You don't get a VEC without an expiration date on it.

Budman1 wrote:

I really think he needs to take another look at it. That happy tobacco stuff he's smoking has blurred his vision. You don't get a VEC without an expiration date on it.

That assumes that he can read!!
What makes you think that he is able to do so, despite his claim to have gone to certain, how should I put it, vocational school!!
Gosh, the poor guy can't spell VEC, for God's sake!!!

He does the best he can with what he's got to work with Anatta.

I know. He should in any case stop taking the happy stuff though, as you said. Already hard to figure out what he is blabbling about, even without it.

Last time he came thru customs with his 15 ft surf board he tried to tell them it was a special pencil sharpener. They didn't buy it.

Budman
The real problem is he was convinced that it was indeed a pencil sharpener!!
Sad to see the poor guy struggling :sosad:.

Man...  Last night, in my sleep, I saw that hell was frozen over.  I thought that the California cold had gotten to be.  But, as it turned out, it was just you two amigos...  Bad-mouthing me while I was asleep, hey??? 

Let me get my feet under me first...  Surfboard and pencil sharpener, hey?  :lol::mad::dumbom:

Wild_1 wrote:

Let me get my feet under me first...

Let me get six feet under first.

There, fix it for you. Told you to speak clearly!!!

Anatta, shut up, you foolish one!!!  :dumbom:

Budman, yeah, under Expiration Date, it says Never.  They also attached a note saying, "Never leave us."  :proud

Anatta wrote:

(...) Fee for visas valid for less than a month, less than six months, and more than six months will be US$65, US$95, and US$135, respectively.
(...)

The Circular will take effect since January 1, 2013./.

I got a 6 month multiple entry B3 visa in Phnom Penh for US$160, plus US$20 for "rapid service"... and it was 1 month before the new circular... Was I victim of a racket?
Anyway, victim of my ignorance, for sure. I was in a rush so I couldn't check :(

Wild_1 wrote:

Anatta, shut up, you foolish one!!!  :dumbom:

Budman, yeah, under Expiration Date, it says Never.  They also attached a note saying, "Never leave us."  :proud

Wild1
Agai, you left out the second part: Never leave us. Don't even think about it, Al Capone

Someonelikeyou wrote:

I got a 6 month multiple entry B3 visa in Phnom Penh for US$160, plus US$20 for "rapid service"... and it was 1 month before the new circular... Was I victim of a racket?
Anyway, victim of my ignorance, for sure. I was in a rush so I couldn't check :(

I am quoting the official rate. You most likely have used an agent who, of course, needs to charge you for his service as the middleman. I don't know the exact going rate for such a service. The current official rate is 100 USD, but even embassies charge 120 USD for similar visa with 20% surcharge for 48 hrs express service so it does not sound too expensive for a visa for such a long stay and multiple entry done by a middleman, plus they save you significant paperwork sth you may not able to do, if you want to do it yourself.