Cost of Living at Muscat

Hi all,

This is chezhian from India, I am engineer & having 4 yrs of exp in the metallurgical engineering field. I got offer from Oman company as Gross salary RO 425 and Accommodation and local travel conveyance will be provided by the company.

This salary is worth to move Muscat and what about the cost of living for bachelor.

Thanks
Chezhian

Please refer to different post in this blog regarding the same topic especially the one posted by sumitaran.  Wishing you all the best

chezhiang wrote:

Hi all,

This is chezhian from India, I am engineer & having 4 yrs of exp in the metallurgical engineering field. I got offer from Oman company as Gross salary RO 425 and Accommodation and local travel conveyance will be provided by the company.

This salary is worth to move Muscat and what about the cost of living for bachelor.

Thanks
Chezhian

Hi Chezhian,

If your gross salary is R.O. 425/- per month, then what will be the net salary in hand that you will be getting ?

Whatever is the amount, multiply it by 140 (which is about the current exchange rate). If the amount that shows up on the calculator is less than what you're making in India then don't come. If not, you know what to do !

The main benefit and advantage of earning in Oman is that you will be paying no part of your salary back as tax to the government, unlike in India.

For a bachelor the amount that you've quoted above is not too bad, especially when your company provides for your accommodation.

Good luck !

Also quoting your present salary makes sense to reply. e.g. if you are offered 1000 RO, but are already earning 12 lakhs (which a 30+ qualified IT/Engineer/MBA) earn these days- then no point taking the trouble of making a shift for no real salary difference.
Ideally speaking, as Senior memebr Sumitran says- a qualified MBA/IT/Engineer of mid 30s family person should quote at least 2000/2500 RO as gross salary. Not less.