Animal trasportation requires a special permission?

Hi,

I will move to Jeddah in the summer and I would like to know if somebody is experienced with an animal transportation procedure in KSA.

I checked with the embassy of Saoudi Arabia in my country and they told me that my cats have to issue a passport and before I depart they will sign the passports. I found the way to do it but I am not sure when we will land in Jeddah if they will require more papers in the airport control. The person in the Embassy told me that is better to make a question at the Ministry of Health in KSA. He is not sure for the type of control regarding pets in KSA airports.

Do you know something about this?

Thank you in advance

Katerina

I think the chances of being allowed to bring cats to KSA is about the same as a snowball's chance in hell.  Sorry.

Check this out:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=103047

Have you tried and you are saying this or assuming?

Katerina

Well, you assumed you knew about KSA, never having been here,  when you advised somebody earlier.  Guess I'm doing the same thing. HOWEVER .. I gave you a link and those people did try.

Best of luck.

Thank you very much for your information and you polite way, I will forward it to my husband who already lives in Jeddah. So he can check it.

I will not reply again to any of your messages.

Good luck

Katerina

Hi Katherine, i suggest you may hire a delivery company to take care of this business since they must be experienced and have done this before....

katspyro wrote:

Thank you very much for your information and you polite way, I will forward it to my husband who already lives in Jeddah. So he can check it.

I will not reply again to any of your messages.

Good luck

Katerina

You're welcome :)  I just copied your polite way so thanks for that.

I'm sorry to hear you won't be replying to any of my  messages--you make me feel like crying ;) But best of luck and hope you get to bring your cats.

yes they bring cats and other pets in for people all the time - they come in thru the cargo terminal though not the passenger terminals - so your husband needs to contact and engage the services of an agent as they will know what paperwork is required and will also liaise regarding the collection and clearance of them through the authorities.

Have sent you a pm with details of an agent you could use.

But here's the thing:  you can't bring in DOGS unless you claim they are guard dogs (even if they are chihuahuas lol).

Saudi's don't want to hear about 'pets' (only  animals a Saudi gives a hoot about are 1. camels 2. horses 2. falcons !!). 

WHAT do you have to claim cats are? I mean, the purpose of wanting to bring them?

You apparently don't have to claim anything about cats - they apparently couldn't give a toss about cats - which makes sense given how many are roaming around here.

Dogs however, given they are considered 'unclean' animals have to have a purpose - hubby has seen many a dog brought in under the heading of 'guard' or 'hunting' - even little ones, which technically could be hunters given some were bred for hunting rats!

The agents know what needs to be on the paperwork to get them thru......

Make sure the cat has a valid visa to KSA

Hi,

Could you please send me the details of a possible agent to use to import my cat? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thankyou so much in advance.

We took our cat from Malaysia, without the aid of a contact by Riyadh, we would not be able to take our cat is too complicated :(.
all this energy and it's efforts were for naught, our cat disappeared three months after our arrival in Riyadh...I still cry...
advice, if you can let your cat to your family, this country is not good for the animals....

Alliecat, judging by the number of newbies who show up in our compound with their "guard pets", the importation of cats/dogs is possible.

Sean

Where you able to find a way to take your cat, we are moving in may and would like to take our dog

A friend of mine just bought a small pug from a local animal sale shops... believe it was brought in from US , had all the documentation and certification handled by the shop. It includes vaccination , training etc. as well.

So it might be a good idea to contact these shops and see if they can help you out.... In Riyadh I have seem them at sulemania main road , another opposite malaz football stadium...