Marriage in saudi court

hi! i have a question.. if a man is muslim and a woman is christian and they want to get married in a saudi court, what are the requirements that they need to provide and what is the process?? and where they can go if they are here in jeddah?

isnt there something in islam against that?

I think it would be easier to do it in UAE!

@ hazeldarleen!
As per my knowledge they will ask for a legal guardian to be physically available at the time of marriage for the lady. This could be her real brother, father or uncle.

An article in this regard is available on EB as: https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … rabia.html

But this is for Muslims. I'll get back to you for your related answer.

you might like to try searching for this topic on the blogs of American Bedu or Blue Abaya - both are western women that have married Saudi men - so I'm sure they have written posts about the process that needs to be undertaken and their own experiences. At the very least you should be able to send them a message asking the question.

The main point is Muslim and Christian. Not western to Saudi

That's the part that Im wondering

No kidding Sushi.... duh - I'm not stupid you know.

These western women were raised Christian

In Islam its ok for a Muslim man to marry a Christian or a Jewish woman but not the other way around. they will ask for Wali (legal guardian as in a Father,a Brother or an Uncle) to be physically available if it was her first marriage ever, if it was not, then they will not ask for their present.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

hahaah
if this is true, it is yet another hilarity from saudi

:) Let me clarify. To be practised in the advised way, Islam makes it mandatory for both (husband and wife) to be Muslim. Now, man being the head of the family, can marry a Christian girl on the only condition that she'll convert to Islam soon. On the other hand, if man is non-Muslim and girl is Muslim, there are (comparatively) bleak-er chances that the family will be Muslim one day soon. You know it's a man-ruled world after all. This has been accounted for in Islamic rules.

Hope that explains and ssshhhhh..... we don't discuss religion on EB.

~Everything has been said, thread closed.~

Closed