Will be working in Zubair-Basrah, it safe the situation there now?

Hello to ALL especially to those who will reply on my query.

Got an offer to work in Zubair-Basrah,Iraq and will be moving there once confirmed.

Can anyone help me by providing some details on how safe the workers there (Filipino-expats)in Zubair-Basrah Region?

some said it is OK to work there as the company you will be working are providing security.

as we need to travel from Iraq to Jordan every time i will be going on leave co'z our Philippine Embassy assisting Filipino Iraq workers are located.

so please give me some more details.

thank you

Hi  knowell_Reyes and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

hello to all, I am Indonesian, i have an offer for the position of "Mechanical & Rotating Inspector" in Iraq for LUKOIL project ‘West Quran Phase 2'is the location safe for work , and how about cost of living?please advice

Thanks,
best regards

hello all..

i need some information about woeking in basrah.. it is safe working there? my husband got an offer from a company to work there

kind regards

ely

All southern iraq is safe . Be comfortable.

My husband got a job offer in Basrah. All info we have got about Basrah till now are quite demoralizing. On top of that we have just found out that sunni muslims are still hunted for their name (my husband's name is Amr but a misspelled arabic conducts to Omar). If you read newspapers you get shocked. What is the reality there?

What are the living conditions: is there any decent hospital? , what about banks and ATM machines? what about water suppy, supermarkets, etc? And the most important, are there secured compounds where an expat may live safely regardless his name, religion, etc ?

Many thanks to all of you for your precious advice.

Hello maliziosa -> Why don't you start a new thread on the Iraq forum with all your questions? This will allow better interaction. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Ok, Done. Thanks for your advice!