Do you think love is more important than respect in the relationship

Respect is itself the other form of love. If you respect someone it means you love or like that person.
Respect is in general should be regarded with everyone but love is an special case. Love is more important for the people but I think giving respect to every person is also very important. If you treat your elders with respect they will also respect and love you.

LEARN TO LOVE WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND ACCEPT THE UNLOVABLE SIDE OF OTHERS. BECAUSE ANYONE CAN LOVE A ROSE,BUT ONLY GREAT HEARTS CAN LOVE A ROSE WITH THORNS

Love cover all even the lack of respect.
Love is more important than all.

Hello L'Acteur -> Could you please lower your caps lock so as to ease the reading? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Love & respect are synonymous to me.Both are two sides of one coin. Respect is quite spontaneous with the feeling of love :heart:

can we love without respect? or in either way can we respect without love?

Respect and love goes hand in hand to form a long-lasting relationship. Sad to say, many couples fail to live by this important rule. Love is present yet one or both of them do not consider respect as a vital factor in keeping a relationship. This often leads to quarrels and will slowly deteriorate a once strong relationship. Consider them as examples that love alone is not enough. Build a relationship strengthened by respect to make the years ahead as a couple worthwhile.

Love must goes with respect. Without respect, it can not be called love.

L'Acteur wrote:

Respect and love goes hand in hand to form a long-lasting relationship. Sad to say, many couples fail to live by this important rule. Love is present yet one or both of them do not consider respect as a vital factor in keeping a relationship. This often leads to quarrels and will slowly deteriorate a once strong relationship. Consider them as examples that love alone is not enough. Build a relationship strengthened by respect to make the years ahead as a couple worthwhile.

Very True .....

A relationship should have both love and respect. Both are essential ingredients.Relationships have only one of these will not lost long.Love means caring,sharing and to see that our beloved ones are not hurt physically  and psychologically. if you make sure that the person you are relationship is unhurt psychologically means you are respecting already. Its not the mere routine respect what someone seek.

Respect is the foundation to any relationship. Without respect real love can not be present. People have the tendency to describe many emotions as "love" when they may, in fact, be only lust or attraction. True love is rooted in respect, compassion, mutual trust and a deep connection of the soul...if any element is missing then love will change. It may disconnect what was once connected, but without respect love can never last. Those who claim to love someone...yet, disrespect them have no concept of true love.

in short word ...if you hav love then respect..respect your lover...

both the factors are equally important. If you really love someone, then, respect and care comes for that person automatically.

Hi there,

I think love is a combination btw feeling and trust. We can respect without love but we can not love without respect.

I can say from personal experience, respect is the MOST important. I believe if you do not have respect for your "other" than there can not be in love. My husband decided after 23 yrs of marriage to disrespect me.....set up profiles on cheater websites to find someone to cheat on my with. I found out & It hurt me very deeply. So, now we have been seperated since June and we will soon be getting divorced once I get on my feel with my new job. I love him, but am not longer in love with him, how can I love someone who does not respect me ?? i deserve so......much better !

Believe it or not, here in the States there is a website called  LocalCheaters.com   I about fell over when I came across this and then to find his profile on there on top of that....it broke my heart. But no more and I know a divorce is the right thing. Then on top of that, I found him on two other sex websites......

merger spirit wrote:

Do you think love is more important than respect in the relationship

Love makes the world go around.
Respect, trust and attraction are how love begins...yes ?

Yeah, that's what the kids called it these days..lol

Faults are thin when relationship is thick &
Faults are thick when relationship is thin.

One cannot separate the two

Love and respect both go hand in hand.

DWSA wrote:

Not quite, attraction brings two people together.

Respect and trust are what cause love to grow. Do you honestly think you could love somebody you neither respect or trust, or that doesn't respect and trust you?

wjwoodward wrote:
DWSA wrote:

Not quite, attraction brings two people together.

Respect and trust are what cause love to grow. Do you honestly think you could love somebody you neither respect or trust, or that doesn't respect and trust you?

Attraction will disappear as soon as respect and trust are no longer exist, hence love will come to an end

I LOVE THE RESPECT THAT I GET FROM MY LOVE, AND RESPECT THE LOVE THAT I GET... DUNNO IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE, BUT SUPPOSE THEY GOTTA GO TOGETHER OR NIETHER WORKS.

Hi AL6,

Can you please avoid using caps lock, it makes your post more difficult to read. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Ooops... sorry, I will respect that :)

In any love there's a mutual respect. If there's none it is not a healthy relationship. It all comes down to this. It is a major key to the success of well being

If there is a love there is a respect...
Love can bring respect automatically...how one can love someone and he/she will not respect him/her...

Regards,
anil

aryavrat wrote:

..........  how one can love someone and he/she will not respect him/her...

Regards,
anil

Hi Anil,
Yes, it's possible but is not the real thing.  :/

how you will continue to love someone if you can feel that he has no respect with you anymore....like what's happening to me right now, we are already 3 years but now I can feel that he has no respect anymore with our relationship....do you think I will still continue this kind of situation?

John C. wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

..........  how one can love someone and he/she will not respect him/her...

Regards,
anil

Hi Anil,
Yes, it's possible but is not the real thing.  :/

------------------------------------------------------------

nelda wrote:

how you will continue to love someone if you can feel that he has no respect with you anymore....like what's happening to me right now, we are already 3 years but now I can feel that he has no respect anymore with our relationship....do you think I will still continue this kind of situation?

----------------------------------------

Hello Nelda,  :)
Love changes into many things as the couple ages.
On top of that, not everybody is mentally balanced to keep love as exciting as the first moment when the person met his other half.

Also, one may respect a person a lot, but have no feeling toward that person.  I, for instance, respected and respect many women I come in contact with, but I had and have no erotic reaction toward any of them.  How to tell a woman: I do not like your face, I dislike your body, there is nothing attractive about you, your legs are ugly, but you know what? I love you.
Perhaps I should have forced myself to make an exception in the past, but nothing pushed me to do it.

Love is not only respect, it's also pity, forgiveness and a desire to help (mostly the unhelpable ones).
Do you know that there are people who get married to somebody who is in prison?
How can you respect somebody who committed serious crimes including murder?  It's only love out of pity or God knows what morbid attraction keeps such couple glued to each other.
Do you, as an attractive young lady, marry serial killer Charles Manson?

If you were to produce a model of what love looks like, what would it be?
Perhaps love is a Big Bang explosion which occurred when we met what  looks like the right person, sending fragments of rocks, asteroids and planets of memories, work, hopes, joy, cries, forgiveness, tolerance, patience, kids, grandchildren, successes and failures into our  personal space and private time.

People all over the world should not worry why they are not loved as much as they have been when they first met.  They should worry why they cannot love more ...  :cool:
Restlessness is the enemy of love.

nelda wrote:

Hi Nelda,

Love doesn't see anything wether he/she is getting respect from the other one or not...when you love , you surrender yourself without expecting anything from others...once the other also notice your love ,he will also surrender himself and then respect will come automatically....but if you think if someone will respect me than only i will love then this cannot be called...its like putting condition for love whereas love is unconditional thing which only happens , no one can make it...

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:
nelda wrote:

Hi Nelda,

Love doesn't see anything wether he/she is getting respect from the other one or not...when you love , you surrender yourself without expecting anything from others...once the other also notice your love ,he will also surrender himself and then respect will come automatically....but if you think if someone will respect me than only i will love then this cannot be called...its like putting condition for love whereas love is unconditional thing which only happens , no one can make it...

Regards,
Anil

How about when love mutates into rationality?

Suppose you, a man, meet a lady you like and she signals that it's OK to talk.

You tell her: I offer ABC and ask for DEF.  Is it OK with you?
If she says 'No', then the relationship is nipped in the bud right away.  No need to waste time, to lie, to listen to nonsense, to improvise, etc., etc.

If she says 'Yes", then you ask her what she offers and what she expects in return.
If you cannot accept, you say "Thank you, no. Good bye!" and walk away without starting false pretensions, threats, cries, violence, playing waiting games, etc., etc.
If you accept, then a new love story begins, always respecting the rules established in the beginning and never changing them during the game (marriage).

Does it not sound better and more just than what's happening with the "love" relationships of many Earthians?
Is it not nicer to start with a deal and grow love as time goes by instead of start with great "love" and end pitifully in the Court House divorcing splitting assets, cash and .... of, my, I almost forgot, children?

Is it not nicer for respect to be applied to a mutually accepted deal in the beginning than to somebody's status, like, let's say, the woman who marries a guy just because he is a basketball star?

Few people build on a deal agreed to in the beginning, most people destroy the initial love which attracted them at the start.  Proof of destruction is the question in the title of this thread ..... Amen.

it cant be it shud be equal love and respect is the same thing if the person doesn't respect you its means he doesn't love you either.

KathyCH wrote:

it cant be it shud be equal love and respect is the same thing if the person doesn't respect you its means he doesn't love you either.

Aaaahhh, how I wish love and respect came as powders I could mix in different quantities every week again and again ...  :cool:
But they mostly come as dust carried away by the wind ....  :o

hahahah make sense but if love is available like that we wont appreciate it ,

KathyCH wrote:

hahahah make sense but if love is available like that we wont appreciate it ,

Maybe.
But for sure we could mix it the way we need.
And there is an even bigger issue: do we love and respect someone equally or do we just ask for them from someone?   :unsure

I do but the end he don't care.  ; (

I believe trust is the most important thing in any relation.

No. Respecr should be the most important of all.

For me love always happens...and when it happens at that time it doesn't see anything...one can just get floated with love....and the secondary things are respect or unrespect...like i respect someone and he or she doesn't feel that respect and says there is no respect then what should i do...i can't force him/her to see my way of giving respect...and more importantly respect should not be asked or given even this too comes out automatically by the person to whom he or she loves but if he or she is trying to give respect then its just a courtsy....where as the inner ghost will be acting something else within him/her self....

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR