Secured FUTURE

Let us talk about, Investments. Can anyone share their ideas on the following areas. please answer by point wise, because it will help in following properly

1. The best avenues for investments in their respective country ( with brief ideas) [ BECAUSE THE READERS WILL LOOK FOR SIMILAR AVENUES IN THEIR COUNTRY ]
2. How to secure the financial instability in wake of current recesssion and ensure the family/children good education
3. In case of pre retirement - the avenues to spend time wisely and meaningfully
4. How to plan and achieve FINANCIAL GOAL in life?

the participants may not be aware of all ideas.. i request any small idea or view will greatly help others and request all to share their views... though i did my CMA & MBA - i still go the financial management lessons taught by my mother!

I request users to avoid saying put money in shares, bonds, mutual funds, fixed deposits... such generic answers shall be avoided.. because, it is almost known to all.. We need some insight in the topic!
so, the topic to open to all!.. Request useful response and i am sure our expat community will get benefited from this...

this is general topic... meant for IDEAS... not specifically related to Jordan... how these are tackled in their respective countries.. and any such ideas can be implemented/ used in their home country..? This is the idea behind this topic..

If you need transportation any where in Jordan to air port dead sea Petra Aqaba or any where will be glad to take you for a good price and if you are going for a vacation and need some one to look after your house kids or pets or any other services I will be glad to offer you the best services for the lowest price
IM a massage therapist also so if any one looking for a medical massage I have a team of therapist male and female will trained for a great prices
thanks and have a great holidays
0797 023 936

it is not easy to make investment plans or goals.  it is not a reality for average earners, investment is only for the rich people who can spare part of their earnings to such investment.

for average earners to invest means.. we have to tighten our belts, that's reality krish...

I completely disagree with you baniaz.. sorry to say.. but, For example, if one earns - in jordan - 300 JD and saves 30 JD per month. so, on an average annual savings will be 360 JD?.. ok, that is his savings and what he is going to do with that.. Investment does not means in millions.. even this amout is an investment for him/her..so, we need to understand that way and further,
1. How he is going to give education to his kids?
2. How he is going to meet his medical/unforseen expenses?
3. How he is going to meet the retired life?

By answering these things, one will start to identify the earning ways to meet these needs. and fulfill their ideas.

Thinking should be in this direction. so, still we need lot of planning to be secured of future.. Hope you will start now.. and GOD will guide you by means and WILL to fulfill it...

Yes I am doing that more than 30JD a month :))... anyway please capitalize the first letter of "God"...like that ..thank you Krish..

by the way Krish...investment is different from saving as you said in your reply.

Savings is done like that small amount every month.
Investment is something big one time, like you buy stocks, properties, etc.

cheers :)

INVESTMENT means

In finance, the purchase of a financial product or other item of value with an expectation of favorable future returns. In general terms, investment means the use money in the hope of making more money.

so, it can be fixed deposits / small time business  or anything - does not necessarily in shares etc!... Hope that clarifies better...

thank you baniaz... atleast you posted one reply! though this is THE IMPORTANT topic... nobody has shown any response... there are three possiblities

1. They do not care about it!
2. They do not want to share their ideas
3. They feel there more importnat things in life than this!??

:mad::o:D:mad::cool:

often times more important things are not taken cared and nobody wants to tackle the issue... :)

If you are not talking about savings then you can do other things wich is working fine as well.
This is only if you wanted it too.
In the arab world and in the old days in Europe it is/was quite common to start a big, and then I mean a big, family so your kids are your investment when you are old and weak.
They will take care of you.

An other interest thing to do, like many in Jordan if you have some money, is to buy land.
Buy and to sell it again after a while, or to buy an appartement and to rent it.

What we did for example is we bought land and we put some (650) trees in it and over a couple of years we can sell the harvest.