Travellers from Libya to USA on "security risk" list

Travellers to the US from 14 "security risk" nations (read: those implicated in terrorist activities) are to undergo tougher screening rules - Libya among them, despite the new found love of all things peaceful.

The full list is:

Nigeria
Pakistan
Syria
Iran
Sudan
Yemen
Cuba
Afghanistan
Algeria
Iraq
Lebanon
Libya
Saudi Arabia,
Somalia

It'll be interesting to see if the Big Man makes anything of this, and what tit-for-tat he takes against the USA...

hmmm.... i think this thread will break all records.....;)

But surprisingly, it's the Nigerians who are the first to throw their toys out of the cot :lol:

Nigeria criticises "Unfair" US air passenger screening

Sandman6 wrote:

Travellers to the US from 14 "security risk" nations (read: those implicated in terrorist activities) are to undergo tougher screening rules - Libya among them, despite the new found love of all things peaceful.

The full list is:

Nigeria
Pakistan
Syria
Iran
Sudan
Yemen
Cuba
Afghanistan
Algeria
Iraq
Lebanon
Libya
Saudi Arabia,
Somalia

It'll be interesting to see if the Big Man makes anything of this, and what tit-for-tat he takes against the USA...

As long as the Brits don't go down the same route mate we will be ok :lol: Anyway as part of my contract, if I get kicked out of the country for reasons such as a break down between Libya and the UK they give me 3 months salary :cool:

Clansman wrote:

As long as the Brits don't go down the same route mate we will be ok :lol: Anyway as part of my contract, if I get kicked out of the country for reasons such as a break down between Libya and the UK they give me 3 months salary :cool:

Do they keep paying you if you're stuck in a Libyan prison for more than 3 months?

:D

That's the rub if the Canada experience is anything to go by for everybody they stop coming in there is an exit visa that is not issued, OK if you are the guy waiting not so much fun if you are stuck here.

gabacho wrote:
Clansman wrote:

Do they keep paying you if you're stuck in a Libyan prison for more than 3 months?

At least you get visitors in jail....

gabacho wrote:
Clansman wrote:

The mood I am in this morning it is more likely to be 6 months in jail :P You been talking to Sandman6 by any chance :lol:

Secretary General of the committee Mousa Kousa said "whatever the explanations he heard (from the ambassador) were," Libya will apply the reciprocity principle.

If any Libyan citizen was exposed to such kind of treatment, whether inside or outside the United States, Tripoli will apply the same treatment to U.S. citizens coming to the country or staying in it, Kousa said.

In response, the U.S. ambassador asked for some time to hold consultations with the U.S. administration over the issue.

Source:
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2010- … 767486.htm

My daughter (Canadian passport) and I (USA passport) returned to Libya on the 7th.  No problems. Husband still in States, he becomes a US citizen on the 15th. He'll return on Canadian passport. Then, we'll evaluate whether to shift his residency to American passport or not.  The wind changes direction so much here. 

Waqas,
we'll see if this thread breaks the Canadian-Libyan Brouhaha and the Male-Female relationships thread records.

Good potential.