Getting married in Turkey

Can two tourists(no one of them live in Turkey) get marry in Turkey easily? which documents we will need? how long will take? where?
I wish get answers. thank you by advance.

your passport, his ID card . photos maybe...
im not sure about the place but i think it should be in the court..
Good luck
:)

even if you are tourists so what ? no power on earth can forbid you...
;)

You're welcome..
enjoy your time in istanbul...
:)

actually foreigners can get married at the consulate of their country. All the consulates of the world do provide this service. But you have to give them all the necessary documents, such as the birth certificate and a document that would proof you are not currently married to someone else which actually gets quite long...About 2 weeks usually depending on the countries. Once they receive all the documents, they can marry you in five minutes. I'm Turkish my wife is Turkish too, we got married at the Turkish Consulate in France. We were living there but I know some tourists who got married the same way...

Good luck,

All the documents should be translated to Turkish and approved by the notary. Besides they may ask the document showing your marital status to be approved by your consolate and then istanbul governor's office.

Thank you Agotit and Mristanbul for the information :)
I heard that Moroccan court doesn't recognized the Turkish contract of marriage, because it is civil ! I am not sure about this.

Damia: If you are moroccan, I'm sorry to tell you the marriage is not gonna be recognized by your country unless you get married at the consulate and every consulate has its rules! so ask the moroccan authorities if u wanna get the right response! Good luck!

With all my respect to your personal life; why do you guys want to get married in Turkey?

IMHO, marriage should be a properly planned activity, with the attendance of family and/or some friends maybe. I'm sure that local authorities will question that a lot, and require tons of documents to take this risk. You have to prove that: you're not married already, you have the right to travel in the country, you're not an illegal alien and you have a clean record...

Simply go to an English speaking imam. You will get married in minutes, no questions will be asked. But I'm afraid it won't be legally recognized, even in Turkey.

Besides, we also have google search engine and Moroccan Consulate of Istanbul.

You're welcome.