Dependent visa

My wife will be going for master program in Germany this coming summer and i will like to join her later,what type of visa should i apply for this purpose.You can help me also with further information regards to this,i am from non EU Countries

Hi ,If your wife is coming to Germany as a Student , she would have projected funds only for her during the course of her studies and no funds for supporting additional person will have been provided. This means logically speaking , you cannot accompany ur wife as an dependent of her . Perhaps when your wife starts earning in a part time job (within the permissible limits of 120 days per year), you can visit her under Tourist Visa. Now if you want to visit her , you can come here for 3 months with your own money as tourist and showing hotel booking .

Thanks for you reply,since i have the money to accompany her,must i go with visit visa.I will like to stay with her at least 6months before leaving Germany and will like to come back again since her programm is for 2 years

Well, the maximum you can stay in a calender year is 6 months under tourist visa , but what will you do here for the complete 6 months.I would recommend you a simple way . Since you might like to visit her and stay with her , please join a German Course which lasts for 6 months . With a student visa for 6 months you can always be with her and study German too which might help you in a way. Otherwise you might need to show substantial amount plus house booking n so on.

mask30 wrote:

Well, the maximum you can stay in a calender year is 6 months under tourist visa , but what will you do here for the complete 6 months.I would recommend you a simple way . Since you might like to visit her and stay with her , please join a German Course which lasts for 6 months . With a student visa for 6 months you can always be with her and study German too which might help you in a way. Otherwise you might need to show substantial amount plus house booking n so on.

thank you