Flying dogs from Quito to Cuenca on LAN

Has anyone have knowledge of the cost of transporting a pet that is under the 50 lb limit from Quito to Cuenca? I actually have 3 to take. I had orignally thought of taking a van from Quito to Cuenca but am now reconsidering. I have to have round trip tickets anyway for later when we return to the US, so the extra costs would be for the one way trip for the pets.
Also I am having trouble contacting anyone who can tell me if the Cargo area is open on Jan 1, the day we are planning to go to Cuenca? I would think it would be, but you never know.
We arrive in Quito on Dec 31, at 8 pm, and I was thinking of booking a flight to Cuenca at noon Jan 1 for us and our pets.
Thanks

Tex,
I suppose from the way you're talking that you have already purchased your tickets? The reason I ask is you might consider flying into Guayaquil. From there,it's an easy 3 hour van drive to Cuenca, and you could avoid the hassle of the dogs being re loaded on another plane. Just might be easier.
Anyway, just a thought.
Best of Luck on your trip.
Stay Well,
Neil

Actually the flights from Houston are more expensive and longer to Guayaquil, than to Quito. And yes, I have already bought the tickets to Quito. Was looking for some info on the LAN flight to Cuenca for pets. No concrete stuff yet.