Will be in HCMC on the 14th :)

Hey guys,

My name is Ann, 24 years old and new to this site :)

I will be moving to HCMC on the 14th of December and I got no single clue what to expect in there. I will be searching for a job and hope I could find one soon. This is my first time to travel to Vietnam, but had worked in other countries already.

It will be nice to meet new people who could share their experiences and maybe to make friends with. Seeyah!!!

P.S. If anyone knows where I can rent a room in the city center please do let me know. I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Hi Ann, I just left HCMC 4 mths ago...:( It's a fun place, you'll enjoy it....

Hi Ekrist,

Thanks and wish you were still in HCMC so we could have met. I really hope to stay here for quite sometime :)

Hi Ann
Welcome to Vietnam :)
I think you can be teacher in English centres
I see many foreigners live in district 1 , near Bến Thành market . Hope you can find a place for living there .
Good luck

Hello Patuto,

Yeah, that's one of my options right now. I really hope I could. I'm still searching for a room, hope I could fine one before I come over :)

Hi Ann,

Welcome to VN.

Nice season now, hope u will enjoy it truly.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks. I'm excited to be there very soon. It would be great to meet a lot of new friends :)

If you are looking for a room, I may know of a few places. One is in District 3, but really close to District 1 and District 5. Another is in Binh Thanh District. PM me if you are interested and I'll happily refer you to my friends renting these places out. Also, I do not get any commission for telling you this as I'm just happy to help. ;)

Besides that, you can always check muaban.net

Also what kind of work are you looking for. My company will be interviewing and hiring within a few months on many different positions.

Hi Ann,
If you are interested in an apartment in Phu My Hung urban area in District 7. I can help you find a satisfactory apartment.

@lindatran -> Maybe you could share some infos on the forum so that other members can benefit from it as well. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie