Average salary for teacher in Kuwait native english speaking

Hello wondering what the average salary for a native English speaking teacher with 1-2 years of experience and a BSc?

I got offered 600 KD plus the usual benefits. I have little teaching experience (around 1 year volunteer work) and a double major in biology and economics, in addition to a Bachelor of science in General Science.

Thanks all

Well miss, this is a bit good if you watch the way you spend money here cuz life here is somewhat expensive...  are you gonna teach in a private school ?

so long as they cover your rent, ur ok. 600 is a great start - what class will you be teaching? u will find that as u work u can find jobs in other schools for the next school year, so even if u dont like the package u get, u can jump to what is better.

Thank you for your reply, yes it is a private school.

legacy wrote:

so long as they cover your rent, ur ok. 600 is a great start - what class will you be teaching? u will find that as u work u can find jobs in other schools for the next school year, so even if u dont like the package u get, u can jump to what is better.

Thank you Legacy for your reply, yes they cover rent, medical , ticket etc
I will be teaching two subjects, and both middle and high school classes. I also though this is a good way to gain experience, but I have been researching other teachers salaries and most teachers earn between 900 KD up to 1300 KD in some cases.

depends on their experience, where they teach etc.

Hi

do you have a PGCE (teaching cert)? if not then that is probably why you are being paid less compared to other teachers. also yes it is based on experience, but it will increase every year.

Ally

YW. I think it is better for you to agree. You will gain more experience and you will meet new people, new culture ...etc.

I'm sure u will like the life here. there are many places you can enjoy.

Thank you all for your reply, no I do not have a teacher certification yet. I am a recent graduate I only have a double major in biology and economics (bachelor of science).

Hi,
I'm also looking at teaching in Kuwait but not starting until 2014. Most packages I have come across through the recruitment agent are starting at 650 KD. It says that it varies up to 900KD. Do you mind me asking where you saw that they could earn over 1000? There are minimum requirements to teach though and I think being certified is one of them. I'm not sure about whether that's an overall Kuwaiti thing or if it's just for this recruitment company.

KiwiTeacher wrote:

Hi,
I'm also looking at teaching in Kuwait but not starting until 2014. Most packages I have come across through the recruitment agent are starting at 650 KD. It says that it varies up to 900KD. Do you mind me asking where you saw that they could earn over 1000? There are minimum requirements to teach though and I think being certified is one of them. I'm not sure about whether that's an overall Kuwaiti thing or if it's just for this recruitment company.

Hello, I saw some posts online on various forums about some teachers earning over 1000 but this is quiet rare. I would recommended contacting schools directly, some of them like BBS even post their salary break-down.