Hi everyone.   I am a new member and I will be vacationing in the Philippines this coming January.  I will be visiting several cities,  Manila,  Cebu,  Bacolod,  Butuan,  Surigao,  Cagayan De Oro,  Davao,  Tagbilaran,  and point's in between.  I am doing this in preparation to retire there in September of 2013.  I welcom any advice,  comment's,  and maybe a meet to help me over there. Be it negative or positive.  I will be retiring there,  I have made up my mind on that.  Just a matter of where.  Doesn't have to be permanent.  I am single and able to move in a moment's notice.  Traveling light.  My name is Terry.  Looking for friend's and help.   Thank's

Hi and welcome to Expat.com.As yet i have not been there to the Philippines,however i plan to be there early next year.I have been learning about the country through this site.
Enjoy your stay there in January.

email me if you need something !

:up:

tlcooper wrote:

Hi everyone.   I am a new member and I will be vacationing in the Philippines this coming January.  I will be visiting several cities,  Manila,  Cebu,  Bacolod,  Butuan,  Surigao,  Cagayan De Oro,  Davao,  Tagbilaran,  and point's in between.  I am doing this in preparation to retire there in September of 2013.  I welcom any advice,  comment's,  and maybe a meet to help me over there. Be it negative or positive.  I will be retiring there,  I have made up my mind on that.  Just a matter of where.  Doesn't have to be permanent.  I am single and able to move in a moment's notice.  Traveling light.  My name is Terry.  Looking for friend's and help.   Thank's

Hi Terry
I'm sure u will find somewhere great to settle many thousands of expats have, I just offer a few thoughts about living in Phills
make sure u have a sercure income from overseas, money is not easy to make here, when it's time to choice a GF(if u don't have one)check her and her family out well(we have plenty of horror stories of expats being conned of all their money)
be careful of girly bars on ur visit some shifty people hang around them, on the bright side if u meet the right girl life in the Phills can be wonderful as it is for me
Pete

Hey thank's Pete.   your reply has been the best yet.  Am I to assume you have found a good partner?  I know about the places to stay away from and so forth, how do you find the good one's.

Thank's
Terry

Terry
yes, I have my wife & I are really happy, on finding right girl
I think the internet is good, if u watch for scammers
my mate from Aust, used TAGGED and found a good women
by the way we made a few descreat inquires from here
Pete

Hello have a good day..
yeah pete is right.. just becarefull of your plan..
and if you need to travel from mindanao part like davao and cagayan de oro.. just contact me so i can guide you there..

take good care..

GODBLESs
Darwin T.

Welcome to Expat.com....
:D