Need help in evaluating an offer

Hello expats!!

I am SAP Consultant with 6 year of work ex from India, I got an offer from one of the consultancy for 9000 MR \ month(Contract job)
As I am fairly new to Malaysia, I need your inputs in making my decision for accepting this offer.
Answer to the below questions might help me.

1. The package being offered has relevance to market scenario and to my skill set?

2. What is cost of living for a family of 3 ( wife+kid<0 yrs)

3. How is the work culture in the IT companies.

4. Can anybody list some good consultancy services in Malaysia.

5 . Any difficulty faced by India in terms of getting back to India, or any kind of threat.

6. How difficult or easy is to get a job here in Malaysia, if by any chance I cannot accept this above offer.

Thanks in advance.:)

Hello akshatjais.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Browsing the other threads on the Kuala Lumpur forum could help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Akshat ,

Below are my inputs on your questions regarding your Job offer.

1. As you are a SAP professional, so i would say your package is underpaying, you can easily get over 10k MYR PM.

2. For cost of living you can take it as below.
-House rent - 2000-2500 (If in city )
-Home groceries  - 1000 MYR
-Internet -150 PM
-Astro Tv -100(Not sure but yes approx amount )
-Utility - 70-130 MYR ( As you are two only).

3. Although you will find it a little different and not so good but you can easily adopt it.
4. No idea about SAP consultancy.
5 . As such no difficulty in coming back India , rest is depend on your consultancy some small consultancy don't give clearances and all. About threat, yes there are few places where people's don't dare to go in night time 
6. As you are in SAP , as per me SAP and Java professional can easily get jobs in Malaysia

The above details I furnish based on my analysis on market .

Thanks