Trying to find a spacious apartment

I am in the process of moving to Maldives. We are a family of 5 and would require a 3 bedroom place. I have read that most apartments in Male are small size e.g. 1200sf or less in floor size. Does anyone know of any luxury projects where 3 room apartments are atleast 1800 sft in size? Willing to pay high rent.

Harith

Hello Harith.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you can try to post an advert in the Housing in Maldives section. It may help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi mharith,

which period of rental are u looking at? may be able to help or advise.

:)

12 months

hi, mharith

welcome to Maldives, here is the link to room rents most of the Maldivian follow this

ibay.com.mv/apartments-houses-for-rent-b25_0.html

Hope you will find some place here :)

Hi harith,

There is one place in hulumale which is close to male called platinum apartments

Have a look at it as they are very spacious

Meeta

Hello there,

I leaved in Male for more then 10 months in 2009-2010. I leaved in a nice apartment on Majeedhe Magu (the main street) near artifical beach. It is a residential building for expatriates. Unfortunatelly i forgot the name of the buiding but i can check at hope and i'll let you know if you are interested.

But if you need an advice - try to rent something out of Male. You can find good deals in Villingili - spacious house on land. You have a ferry each 10 minutes and it's better to leave there especially if you have children.

Let me know if you still need the name of the residence in Male.

Good luck!
Camelia

the name of the building is shabnam

Dear Camelia,

Thanks for your kind reply.
It would definitley help me if you could find out the name of the building. Do you remember the size of the apt in sqft? and waht was the rent like for a 3 BR apt?

In terms of your advice on living in nearby island instead of Male, my work place and kids school would be located in Male. Is it safe to commute daily for kids. I was told that in rainy season, sea becomes choppy and ferry ride becomes quite uncomfortable.

Regards,

Dear Meeta, thanks for your reply. I visited website of Platinum and liked what I saw.
Since my office and kids school would be in Male, I would prefer to stay in Male. Do you know if there are buildings/projects in Male similar in quality and size to plaitnum ?

regards,

Hello,

The name of the building is Shabnam. I don't remember how many metres was it but it was 3 BR apartment with living roon and enough space to have the dinner there as well. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom also. In terms of price if i remember well it was something like 1,700USD/month.

With this money you can easily find something around Male more confortable. I don't know what to say about traveling during the rainy seaseon. When i leaved there, there were some of my colleagues with kids and they do not complain much about this. I don't know if you know but Male, as most of the capitals, is very crowded, polluted and very noisy.

If I have to take a decission for me at this time, knowing Male, I would prefer to live outside:).

If I can help you with any others metters pls let me know.

Regards,
camelia

Once again thanks for your help.

Hi,

I don't think I know any place like platinum in male rightly said by camelia male is too congested

Meeta