New to town

Hello fellow Riyadhis,

I'm Maryam, i joined this morning...(and already got a contact request! awww aren't you all a friendly bunch!)

Don't know what lead me to this forum actually..i think it was one of those interconnected Google searches

Anyhoo, look forward to meeting you all :)

Meemz xx

hello maryam....welcome to EB. are you new in saudi too? what do you do? i mean do you work or something??

Thanks Azhar,

Yea I just moved here like 2 days ago. I'm an English teacher at Princess Nora University :)

Beware !!! We are a desperate lot here with dry sense of humor and an uncanny ability to turn any and every post here to our own narcissist agenda.....

Nice to see you, I am Also new here as interior designer in Riyadh

Kymadoce wrote:

Beware !!! We are a desperate lot here with dry sense of humor and an uncanny ability to turn any and every post here to our own narcissist agenda.....

lol...Thanks for the heads up :top:

Thank you for the warm welcomes Sfurqans and Brighway :)

sfurqans I've studied interior design too! its a side qualification I got as a hobby

wow nice to hear this, but i think you prefer English teaching other than interior designing, where u in Riyadh in University Compound? Or Live by your own?

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom, meem-O!!  :)

Welcome meem0 at EXpat-Blog ......

Thanks Khuramluck and Houstonian (I have an uncle that lives in the states, in Houston too!)

Yea I live in the uni compounds.

brighway wrote:

I am working in construction and like to know more about
interior designing

It's so fun, and really brings out your creativity. Interior design is all about creating the right atmosphere and environment for the use of a room...That's what I think anyway. sfurqans might have a different opinion :)

Nice, any way brighway and meem0 my openion is same as yours, and i love to work in 3D

brighway i can, but prob. is this, i havn't PC in my Home and in office private work is not allowed. but drscribe me i will try to do.

I'm a university student myself. May be you can help me out with my homework sometimes. Kidding!

Lol sure why not :p What are you studying?

brighway wrote:
sfurqans wrote:

Nice, any way brighway and meem0 my openion is same as yours, and i love to work in 3D

Thank you..i really need some one tohelp me drowing the outdoor of building i will make some change..so who can do it for me...please

What about Google sketch up? its free and so easy to use. Try it yourself :)

Here you go:  http://sketchup.google.com/download/

and this 7 minute YouTube video will show you the basics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsfH_cyXa1o

Let me know how you go!

yes Maryam, Google Sketchup is good software, but not a detailed software. if you make any thing in sketchup, after finish must need to import any detailed 3d software,C4D, Revit, Or Max and than give them detail with detail lightings.

Hence why its only a hobby of mine :p

hmmm, that very nice

brighway wrote:
CHM wrote:

I'm a university student myself. May be you can help me out with my homework sometimes. Kidding!

You are welcome to contact me

Haha, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Welcome in Riyadh Maryam :)Please, feel free to contact me if you would have any questions or need help. :)

welcome to kingdom of humanity ?

What about Google sketch up? its free and so easy to use. Try it yourself :)

Here you go:  http://sketchup.google.com/download/

and this 7 minute YouTube video will show you the basics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsfH_cyXa1o

Let me know how you go!

:up: super cool app :top:

Angelika_V_I_P wrote:

Welcome in Riyadh Maryam :)Please, feel free to contact me if you would  have any questions or need help. :)

:O at last! another of my kind! a female lol I was beginning to think girls were endangered on this forum. Thanks for the welcome :) Do you know anything about the ladies get togethers in the ladies only topic?

meem0 wrote:
Angelika_V_I_P wrote:

Welcome in Riyadh Maryam :)Please, feel free to contact me if you would  have any questions or need help. :)

:O at last! another of my kind! a female lol I was beginning to think girls were endangered on this forum. Thanks for the welcome :) Do you know anything about the ladies get togethers in the ladies only topic?

And so much for the welcome, warmth & initiative... eh! :whistle:

Kymadoce wrote:

And so much for the welcome, warmth & initiative... eh! :whistle:

Aww its nothing personal bro, us girls always need each other :p

:) Franckly I do not how ladies only get together on this forum - I am pretty new on this page too. If you find it out, please, let me know :)

Angelika_V_I_P wrote:

:) Franckly I do not how ladies only get together on this forum - I am pretty new on this page too. If you find it out, please, let me know :)

While EB does provide a platform & sufficient opportunities to get you introduced to each other, a 'meet-up' is something *YOU* have to make happen and someone has to take initiatives :)

Needless to mention that though social networking has changed LOT many things in our lives in the past decade, I strongly believe there is a thick line between social and general networking. Most of people prefer staying behind walls of anonymity. The trends may change in near future (who knows?)

welcome on EB

Hello there.. Where are you from actually?

NCA Lhe?

Hello, my name is Winston, I am expecting to move to Saudi Arabia in January to teach English in a town called Rabigh. I will be travelling from the US and it will be my first time visiting the Kingdom. Any general advice?

wnicholls wrote:

Hello, my name is Winston, I am expecting to move to Saudi Arabia in January to teach English in a town called Rabigh. I will be travelling from the US and it will be my first time visiting the Kingdom. Any general advice?

Yes, TONS of it.  First piece of advice is to read through the threads and when you have something specific that hasn't been asked, please do and somebody will be happy to answer, if possible.

Best of luck!

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Needless to mention that though social networking has changed LOT many things in our lives in the past decade, I strongly believe there is a thick line between social and general networking. Most of people prefer staying behind walls of anonymity. The trends may change in near future (who knows?)

Yea I agree..I guess sometimes you just dont know who's gonna turn up and you might get yourself in a really awkward situation lol

Thanks for the welcome pkmusd :)

Shahmurtaza wrote:

Hello there.. Where are you from actually?

im originally arab :D

wnicholls wrote:

Everyone here has a different opinion, i guess it depends on why youre coming here. From what ive noticed, the people who've applied just for the pay dont seem to enjoy it so much, and generally complain alot when things dont go their way.

I on the otherhand dont mind it, I think to get the most out of stying here and really enjoying yourself is to embrace it fully and be super patient and flexible. Things in Saudi dont operate as smoothly as they do in the west. Thats as general as I could be,

Hey Maryam and Everyone

Its good to see you all here..just as i did so :p.. I agree the time is passing too slow here where the main theme of the city is traffic Jam and mens all over the cars..i wonder too as i never see while iam driving from to work any family in a car together neither a kid in the car which is a bit strange.. I feel the people too much caring here not to show up and thats why u feel u r an Alien in a large city :) ..anyway i thought it would be funny to get to know new people here as i moved a few months back from Jeddah ...this is Ashraf talking from Riyadh the Saudi City 😁 ...