Riding an ATV in Cambodia

Hi Everyone
New to this site and not yet an expat. I have seen a few videos with people riding ATVs down the back roads and they have number plates on them. Can anyone tell me if this is legal and where I could find a shop with the biggest range to choose from?
Thanks heaps
Djaid48

Hello Djaid48.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Urielie
Merci
By the way, I had an answer from a frenchman in Sooky and he rents buggies and says that buggie and ATV can be registered.
Djaid48

Djaid48 wrote:

Urielie
Merci
By the way, I had an answer from a frenchman in Sooky and he rents buggies and says that buggie and ATV can be registered.
Djaid48

Yes sir, registered and road legals... and much safer than any 2 wheelers here.... more expensive but what a life costs ?
Budget for those ATV or buggies : from 2500 and up to 12000usd...

thierrysavoie wrote:

Yes sir, registered and road legals... and much safer than any 2 wheelers here.... more expensive but what a life costs ?

Hi Thierry

This is my first post so hello to everyone else also.....

I'll be coming over to Sihanoukville at the end of Jan and plan on staying for a few months. I'm thinking of booking the Cove Beach Bungalows for a week..... Any good? I will also be looking at some long term accommodation. Can you recommend any good sites or contacts?

Looking forward to a few beers!!!:)

CanerK wrote:
thierrysavoie wrote:

Hi Thierry

This is my first post so hello to everyone else also.....

I'll be coming over to Sihanoukville at the end of Jan and plan on staying for a few months. I'm thinking of booking the Cove Beach Bungalows for a week..... Any good? I will also be looking at some long term accommodation. Can you recommend any good sites or contacts?

Looking forward to a few beers!!!:)

for all questions i answer yes.... i can recommand few places  :)
see you for those beers ....
Thierry

@CanerK -> The Housing in Cambodia section might help. You should post an advert there. ;)

[Sorry for the :offtopic:]

Thank you,
Aurélie

hi i am going to be incambodia for a 6week stay can anyone tell me if canadian can rent a moterbike to see the country!thx i wil be with my cambodian frd from canada !

My experience is that nobody 'rents' motor bikes. Only cycles. At under $999 to buy a 2nd hand motorbike, that could be the best option.

yes, you can rent motorbike.... many options are offered...
Dirt bikes, scooters or road bikes... from 4 to 20$/day or possible monthly...

thx for the info i guess im goin to find out when i get there next wk  danny