Iphone unlock service?

Hi all,

I'm currently using Iphone 4S in Japan that needs to be unlocked to be used in Vietnam.

Do you know any place in HCMC providing this service?

Thank you!

VNPT (Nguyen DU @ Hai Ba Trung)(opposite the Asiana Hotel; side of the Main Post Office Building) can do it without having to jailbreak the iThingy.

They are authorised Apple distributors in VietNam.

Jailbreaking can  the Apple warranty. Decide/choose carefully!

go on ebay, u can get it unlocked in less than 24 hrs for 3-4 dollars

jailbreak it all u want, then restore it back to default if u ever wanna use ur warranty. apple wont do anything about it :)

knl1128 wrote:

go on ebay, u can get it unlocked in less than 24 hrs for 3-4 dollars

how do you do it on ebay? can you let me know in more details?? do  i have to send my phone to somewhere? can't imagine to live without it 1 day :(

Satran,

What version IOS are you using and what is the modem firmware number? If you can give me that info I can tell you whether it can be unlocked easily or not.

Parmyd wrote:

Satran,

What version IOS are you using and what is the modem firmware number? If you can give me that info I can tell you whether it can be unlocked easily or not.

To be honest, I have no clue  :(

How to find out those figures?

Satran,

If you go into settings select general then select about, scroll down and you will see version and further down you will see modem firmware.

Parmyd wrote:

Satran,

If you go into settings select general then select about, scroll down and you will see version and further down you will see modem firmware.

Thanks.

version is: 5.0(9A334)
modern firmware: 1.0.11

Is it easy to unlock?

You should be able to get it unlocked, you might have to get a Gevey sim chip. I will check further into it and let you know.

Parmyd wrote:

You should be able to get it unlocked, you might have to get a Gevey sim chip. I will check further into it and let you know.

please let me know if it is able to unlock?? You have any suggestion where i should get it done?

Satran,

You shouldn't have any problem getting it unlocked. It requires a sim called Gevey Ultra S. You can probably get it done in Japan before you leave.

Jaitch wrote:

VNPT (Nguyen DU @ Hai Ba Trung)(opposite the Asiana Hotel; side of the Main Post Office Building) can do it without having to jailbreak the iThingy.

They are authorised Apple distributors in VietNam.

Jailbreaking can  the Apple warranty. Decide/choose carefully!

I'm sorry but could you please give me the exact address number? i'm not from Hochiminh so it's a bit difficult to understand where it is.

@Parmyd: I've asked the store here in Japan but they don't know Gevey sim chip. Guess it's illegal in Japan to do so..

you can have it unlocked at any of the repair stores the prices are

$300,000 dong for 24hr time frame
or
$700,000 to $800,000 for 1-2hr service

don't let them charge you any more than that. I got mine done a month ago.

you don't even have to leave them your phone.

pm if you have any other question

good luck

If you want to unlock your iphone to be used in worldwide, you can contact your operator in japan to register your IMEI to Apple, it may cost you ~$150 depends on your operator in Japan's regulars.

You can also register your IMEI to Apple's server here in a repair shop, they will register your IMEI to Apple for you. The cost is around or a little higher than you make it yourself with your operator.

You don't need to hand out your phone. Just give them your IMEI and Serial number and it will be unlock in less 10 days (I got mine unlock in 2 days). You pay it after your phone is unlocked. Some small deposit may required.

If you don't know where to find your IMEI and Serial number, it's in settings-->Phone--->About.

Good luck :)

kryptosk wrote:

If you want to unlock your iphone to be used in worldwide, you can contact your operator in japan to register your IMEI to Apple, it may cost you ~$150 depends on your operator in Japan's regulars.

You can also register your IMEI to Apple's server here in a repair shop, they will register your IMEI to Apple for you. The cost is around or a little higher than you make it yourself with your operator.

You don't need to hand out your phone. Just give them your IMEI and Serial number and it will be unlock in less 10 days (I got mine unlock in 2 days). You pay it after your phone is unlocked. Some small deposit may required.

If you don't know where to find your IMEI and Serial number, it's in settings-->Phone--->About.

Good luck :)

$150 USD???? That's expensive

They do the unlock at most of the shops in HCMC
for
$300k dong to $800K dong  ($15 usd to $40 USD) depending on the speed of service.

Hi.

Nice to see you again in this forum. I intended to introduce you this 4rum. But you knew already.

Dear Satran,
You can check here mobicorner.com , go to online team to ask for the price first-but reasonale price they are.(English speaking ask Mr. Minh)Good service and trustable.