Getting Gmail to work

Help,
    I have a desktop computer running Windows xp sp3 and using chrome with gmail.Just recently it has become picky as to which person it will deliver e-mail to.Some it will and some it will not. I have just bought an android 4.0 tablet computer which has the same problem, are they linked in some way ?, and how can I get them to both work properly,tiggy

Hi Tiggy - so are you saying gmail will not send an email to someone either already on your contact list or to a genuine email address? The only sending restriction on gmail I could find is a max of 500 recipients per message and of course attached file sizes. You may need to ask this question on a 'technical' web site. As a long term Gmail user I have never had a problem.

Yes, they are linked. So if you are having problems on your xp system, they could migrate over to the android tablet since they both share chrome settings and your gmail contacts' email addresses. When did this occur?

Hi,
  I have not fallen of my perch just yet but got sidetracked for a while (Xmas & New Year). I cured the problem on my desktop by reloading g-mail, something must have become corrupted. The tablet became usable after I found that the g-mail icon that I was using was a duplicate.When I used the one that came with the tablet Bingo I could send e-mails.I am now wrestling with the problem of transferring music files etc to the SD card.The instruction book that came with it tells you what to do but does not explain how to do it.The suppliers are not much use either.When I asked if I could use a hub with it they said that they did not know and had not tried it.By the way a hub works just fine with a keyboard and usb stick installed.

WONDERFUL FOR YOU TO RETURN TO THE FORUM. WELCOME BACK JULIANNE