Bank card That you can use on line?

I have an account with a bank but the card issued to me is no use to use on line for shopping etc, which bank card do i need as i have a service card, I did request a card like the visa connect that I have in the uk,

Another question can I set up an international transfer that will be automatically done each month so that I do not need to go into the bank every time i need to do this

hope you can help

@ alisonfyfe if this your debit card then you need have net banking service for buying online stuff. And about your other question yes you can update automated payment option once you have minimum transfer amount.

Assuming that you are talking about a German bank account I think you would either need a credit card (offered for free by e. g. Postbank, DKB, gebuhrenfrei.com and many others, sometimes subject to minimum income requirements) or at least a meastro card, which basicall is a debit card. Many shops and supermarkets in Germany dont accept credit cards (because of the fees associated), but almost all will accept maestro cards

HI Ali, say hi to your mum an dad!.  A direct debit back the the UK will cost a fortune - I had this stress a few years ago, it will be a lot cheaper to do it every month, better still would be to do it via Paypal if that is an option.  The previous reply is correct, you will generally need a credit card in order to pay for stuff online! Bob