Tour around Jerusalem

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could send me some advice about the situation Israel/Palestine. I know it's a never ending conflict, but every now and then I think there are peace breaks and up until some weeks I thought it was a bit safer to travel to Israel.

Basically, I was planning to take my mother and my uncle to Jerusalem and other cities of Christian interest (Bethlehem, Galilee, etc) in May 2013. I was thinking of purchasing airfares  (hopefully cheaper if bought sooner) and contract tour guides in advance, for example, this month, but with the present situation I don't know whether it's advisable to commit to the purchases or not.

Does anyone know how's the usual negotiation process? as in.. for example, if by February there seems not to be any hint of solution to the conflict, it's more likely that it won't be solved by May?

Or perhaps am I overthinking this matter and the whole conflict doesn't have any effect on tourism and the likes of being in the middle of a bombing are really low?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello Seth32.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Seth,

If this is still relevant, totally safe here these days. If a war breaks out, that might change, but the rest of the time, not problems. 

Happy to answer more specific questions!