Moving to Canada

Hi, I will be moving to Canada in Jan. Need to know how is the Software market and Oracle specifically. Also, what visa I would need and my wife who is a Dr.

That would depend on the type of visa you have and how long you plan to stay in Canada. If you have a Permanent Resident Visa and plan for the move to be permanent you and each one of your family members with you will require the same visa. If your wife plans to work she will require a work permit as well. If the move is not permanent then a Temporary Resident Visa would apply in your situation.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hi.Thanks for the response. I will be getting work permit for 2 years from a company..I plan to come on work visa and later on get settled there if I like the place.Wat visa should I get for my wife?

If she won't be working a Temporary Resident Visa.

What is the cost of temporary resident visa? Also, she is Doctor, what opportunities she will have their to work?full time or part time?

Hi,

You can follow the link to the Consulate-General of Canada in Mumbai, you will find all the information you will need there.

If your wife is a medical doctor she will need to have here diplomas recongnized by the Canadian government. If she is able to do so there is plenty of work for doctors in Canada. Most of our doctors and nurses move south to the USA as soon as they graduate, looking to get rich.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/in … eng&view=d

Cheers,

Ok ok..great..thanks....a ton..

Couldnt they become rich in Canada? Are salaries much more higher in the USA than they are in Canada?

Hi gokhan,

Since Canada has a universal public healthcare system that is a model for the entire world and doctors and nurses are paid by the government they don't earn as much as they can in the USA which has private healthcare and hospitals. Americans pay extremely high prices for medical care and if they don't have private insurance they go broke and many die because they can't pay for decent healthcare. Doctors and nurses in the USA  make way more than in Canada.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

So then Mr.Woodward I must say that the one big superhero fails again!

gokhan............Don't they ALWAYS? Sometimes seems that's REALLY what they're best at....... Oops. I'm showing my age, I can remember back farther, longer track record of failures. ROFLMAO

Cheers,

Hi Adhis,

I would recomand for her to come under Federal Skill Worker, they issue visa's much fast then any other applications.
My Friend is sponoring her husband from Pakistan, and the processing time is always incresing which means the waitingtime is soo long. But under Federal Skill worker, Canada is very open to international professionals. try to do some rearch and see what works for you, and pay close attention to the processing time.

Also,   I work for a Market research firm in Toronto, and we are conducting a survey on behalf of the Government of Canada. They are conducting research for Federal Skill workers that are in India, China, Iran, Germany, and Philipines. I would love to have your wife do a survey for India's research, do you think this is possible? I will love to send you some more information , if she is interested in completing the survey for me, ALSO, SHE WILL BE REWARDED $90US FOR COMPLETING.

Please help me find someone that could represent India.