Tips about every day life at France ( Dont know French : ( )

Hey ,My name is Samuel.I am from Kuwait and done my bach. in Biotech engineering .Moving to Paris for my master's next yr .any tips or advice ?? :)Is not knowing French a BIG disadvantage ?? :/

Hello Samuel,

Not knowing French is a big disadvantage if the Master program you are planning to take is in French and you don't want to be held back from starting your Master.

To my understanding, if you don't speak French, you will probably need to take lessons for a few months until you're up and running. If you arrive in France in August or September, that may make it difficult to start your Master in September or October and you may risk having to wait a year. It depends on you.

My advice would be to start learning French as soon as you can - give yourself a bit of a head start. I have classmates that did that and were able to integrate the Master straight away even if their French wasn't perfect.

Even if you don't understand a word, try listening to French as much as possible to get your ears used to the sound of the language. It will make it far easier to learn the language after that.

All the best,
SF