Wanna volunteer for NGO

I have been living in Phnom Penh for 2 months now teaching English at New World Institute, and I want to add to my teaching career. I would like to volunteer for a NGO here but I am uncertain which one to volunteer with. I would like to work with one that deals with stopping child prostitution and human rights.

If anyone knows of any good NGO's in Phnom Penh please let me know. :)

Thanks

Also... is there a place that has decent Mexican food?

Hi,

You could try riverkids project which has there head office in Singapore but does work in Cambodia. I have been in contact with Florence & from what I could see everything looked fairly legit. Check out there website.

http://www.riverkidsproject.org/volunteers/

[Moderated: Inappropriate]

hi Skpowell91,

I think that it's really nice from you to be willing to help people in need.

Personally, I like friend NGO, but I am not sure that they work on stopping prostitution...

but you can still check
friends-international.org/blog/?p=445

Hope you luck and success

Dear TL1,

How can you say something like that? Of course there are bad people in Cambodia, but thats like in every country. Everyone deserve to be helped and its I am hapy to see that people are willing to.

Yes Cambodia is full of people who would do everything for money (including selling their daughter)but it can change. Every country has his own evolution. My coutry use to be not to different no so long ago. But we changed like will Cambodia.

You know, if we look at America's History, I am sure that any more developed country would have say that they can never change. But it did.

Only few people are necessary to start a revolution.

I hope and I know that Cambodia will change.

We just have to give them time, they just got out from a war in which every intellectual people have been killed. The country need time to get back on his feet, educate the people, re teach them right from wrong...

I am sorry about what you think of Cambodian, because there are some really nice people here.

I did not understand, are you in Cambodia or in US? And i wonder, do you work in any NGO or helping association in the US?

cheers

Sarah