If I have a work visa in Luxembourg, can my spouse get it?

Hi,

I have a regular working contract in Luxembourg (more precisely it is a 2-year research contract with Univ. of Luxembourg funded by FNR (Fonds National de la Recherche, Luxembourg)).

Q: Can my spouse get a work permit and apply for work while we are there as a normal citizen of Luxembourg?

Who could I call to verify this (consulates in Canada don't seem to respond to my requests). Could I call some telephone in Luxembourg regarding this?

Thank you
J

Hi Johnathan,

Have you actually phoned the Luxembourg Consulate in Canada, or just sent an e-mail/website "contact us"?

If their Consulate is anything at all like our Canadian Consulates abroad they are swamped with messages and take forever to reply.

I know when I send e-mails to the various Canadian Consulates here in Brazil it takes a long while to get a reply. When I need something more urgently I phone and can always get a quick answer to my questions.

If you haven't tried phoning them I would really suggest it.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Ministère des Affaires étrangères
Bureau des passeports, visas et légalisations

43, boulevard Roosevelt
L-2450 Luxembourg
Tél.: (+352) 247-88300
[email protected]

try calling this number or writing a mail all your questions concerning visas passports etc you can ask to them directly its the ministry of foreign affairs passeport visa division etc

Thanks for the replies. I am just amazed that it doesn't seem possible for a spouse of a worker in Luxembourg to get a work permit.

Is that possible?

probably a 6 months visa :/ but i don't really know you should call that number :)