Looking for job

Hallo all!I am looking for job in reykjavik,i am from athens,Greece but i would like to move in iceland.I visited reykjavik a month ago and i was really amazed.I am looking assistant job in fashion stores because i have experience in this area.I also have great cooking skills,so i can be very helpful in a restaurant.I don't know the icelandic language but i know english very well and bit german also.Any hotel job is also ok.I can also deliver greek lessons to icelanders,if anyone is interested.If anyone has any information about job there,let me know.Thank you
Nagia

Hi Nagia,

You should post an advert in the jobs in Reykjavik section as well.

Best of luck,
Christine

it will be hard to get a retail or hospitality job from abroad if you're interested in working in Iceland. I know plenty of recent arrivals who're in the country already and even they are having a hard time with it!

as a Greek citizen you have access to some job portals though, and you might find something there. Keep in mind that many places in the hospitality field who need help in Iceland will be in rural areas and may only be open in the summer months.

http://www.eures.is/english/work-in-iceland/

Hi everyone my name is Damon,Im from England and I have been researching Iceland and the country and the way of life really appeals to me and I would love to live and work there.I have skills in construction and also gained skills in telecommunications but i would be willing to do any sort of work even farm work or even fishing trawler work.I understand there was a recent recession like in England and would just like to know if its possible to find work and accomadation there,even a room would be ok.The job sites i have found are in Icelandic and i only speak English.

in addition to the site & advice I posted above, the icelandic labor directorate has a lot of jobs. The site is naturally in Icelandic with a few English postings.

If you plan to actually live here, it will be important to know some of the language, and it's a small enough country that there aren't tons of online postings. A translation tool goes a long way to helping you figure out what the posts are about.

However, the Icelandic job market is truly running on connections. I had a discussion with one of my newly hired colleagues just last week about this. He said he's never actually applied for a job the standard way, but rather just called up a few friends and spread the word. Makes it hard to get your foot in the door, but it is possible.

https://www.vinnumalastofnun.is/storf-i-bodi/

Thanks for the advice its much appreciated, would i be able to drive with my uk driving license?

Hi All

Please let me know for any opportunity in Iceland.
I am A MBA Graduate.Presently working in India.

Regards
Aalekh Anand
[email protected]

Hello aalekhanand -> You should post an advert in the Jobs in Reykjavik section with details of your qualifications. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

hello.
         am thouseef mohamed.  am from india.. now i  need a  change. i want to start a new life and a new job.
Is there anyone who have aa heart to direct me a right path?

Of course you can use your UK driver's license , you can even bring your car with you.  Iceland is a part of the EU area. Moving to Iceland for you is no different from moving to France or Ireland.
It is always difficult applying for a job when you are not in the area.

Kristinn wrote:

Iceland is a part of the EU area. Moving to Iceland for you is no different from moving to France or Ireland.
It is always difficult applying for a job when you are not in the area.

to be clear, Iceland is NOT EU, but it is part of the European Economic Area (EEA). If you are a citizen of an EEA country (not exactly the same countries as the EU), it's quite easy to move.

I want to provide a better life for my family and I believe that the only place to make it real is Iceland.
I have good skills in English,Italian,Greek,I don't know Icelandic but I am a type of person that learns easily and quickly.
I have good skills in agriculture too.
If there is something that suits me please let me know.

Hello 3375 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this thread has not been active since the year 2013 and as such you may not receive any answers. As for your job search, I invite you to post an advert in the Jobs in Reykjavik section.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team